PDA

View Full Version : New Contracts for Swissport MAN

one truevoice
29th Jun 2004, 22:30
Swissair and Freebird were officially announced today as the latest two contracts to be going Swissport's way at Manchester as they continue their assault and battering of the other handling agents at Manchester.

If rumours are to be believed another 5 or so airlines will have confirmed Swissport as their new handling agents by the turn of the year. With at least two of them being major carriers.

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTV

TheOtherSide
30th Jun 2004, 07:10
Well best of luck with it all that is all I can say I feel that a lot of improvment is required to cope with the higher calibre of airline they are taking on. I am not saying it cant be done i am just wishing them and the new customer airlines all the best. I hear from a friend that deals with Swissport that they are having difficulties in providing the service to the current airlines. Anyway best of luck to Swissport I wish all you guys the best and hope you keep getting the contracts

phoenix son
30th Jun 2004, 10:27
Swiss was only a matter of time I guess, but still nice to have in the bag...Freebird sound "interesting"...Keep showing the other Handling Agents how it should be done...OTV, we know that you guys are doing it better than the other clowns at MAN, because that's how we set the operation up in the first place:D :D :D
Glad to see Swissport has shed the image from Groundstar's Air 2000 days, it deserves a clean break...

Rgds,

PHX

TheOtherSide
30th Jun 2004, 16:34
PHX from what you have just said it sounds like you and OTV have a slightly biased opinion of Swissport adn reson for this!! I think the word "the was WE set it up," can be used in reference.

FinalsToLand
30th Jun 2004, 23:22
The Freebird contract is a UK wide one for Swissport & will mean that the airline is handled by Swissport uk at all stations (LGW, NCL, MAN, BHX, STN etc)

F.T.L

phoenix son
1st Jul 2004, 07:30
TheOtherSide,

Yes I have a have a personal interest in Swissport, as I said in my post I was involved in setting up an operation at one of their stations..."Biased" gives off a slightly negative impression, and I feel that based on performance at the station in question the service they are giving is miles ahead of the competition. Not a biased view, just look at the (limited) competition they are up against!

PHX

(In case you are wondering, I have worked for other Handling Agents at several airports, I left them all on good terms and feel I have an objective view of them as a result).

MONSOIRC
2nd Jul 2004, 16:11
Er sorry guys.....Freebird is staying with SAGG.

Not sure about the comments re other Airline either.

I think its a case of the rumour mill going round and round and round......

If u get some other airlines it will be only because we have let them go because of price and NOT service!

MrLostLuggage
2nd Jul 2004, 18:18
Rumour has it that swissport are to take over the contract for monarch at the moment aviance do the charter stuff and swissport do the rest.....would like to know what other main carrier they going to get by the end of the year????

Have also noticed that they swissport have 3 new hylo's....more widebody aircraft for them it seems......maybe its BY????

i dont think it will be TCX or MYT as they very very happy with the staff and service they get now...and will for the next several yrs to come.....i thank u!!:p :p

TheOtherSide
2nd Jul 2004, 19:29
I think MrLostLuggage you need to clarify which bits of the service the airlines are happy with Swissport as i believe have just got the HYLO's for Transat,Scandic and Cyprus. We will see about contracts believe it when you see the baggage belt on the side of it that is what i say.

MrLostLuggage
2nd Jul 2004, 19:40
JUST TO CLARIFY....TCX AND MYT VERY VERY HAPPY WITH COMPANY DOING RAMP.

YES GROUNDSTAR (SWISSPORT) DO THE CHECK IN ETC BUT I THINK THAT WONT BE FOR TOO LONG BEFORE SAS BEGIN TO DO IT.

TheOtherSide
2nd Jul 2004, 22:10
Mr LostLuggage from what i hear off my friends I could not agree more !!