PDA

View Full Version : Rain stops play..

BEagle
29th Jun 2004, 08:58
A note on the Global Eagle website states:

Delayed due to Monsoon Season.

Due to the current weather conditions in India a decision has been made to halt the expedition until the monsoon has finished. It is expected that the trip will continue in late August / early September. Whilst this is both frustrating and regretable it is considered that to continue at this time could have serious flight safety implications.

Good luck to one and all for a restart later in the year when the weather improves!

Av18tor
29th Jun 2004, 15:52
Suppose we had better get ourselves ready for the I told you so thread from sss...

Its a shame they didnt manage to beat the weather.. Oh well I wish them all the best of luck when the exped restarts!

SilsoeSid
29th Jun 2004, 18:47
Go to the thread on Rotorheads and all will be revealed.:ok:

AV18, before you go straight for the 'SSS saying I told you so route', I suggest that you read it all first to avoid that sort of blinkered view!

Av18tor
30th Jun 2004, 16:14
What a complete and utter NEWARK you really are sss.

I have read the thread over on RH and if I put you on my ignore list, its really quite interesting. To see the real supporters views, with out havng to view all the cr@p, drivel and copyright pictures you continually post, it's a much better way to view the progress.

I dont have a blinkered view, I have the view that most ppruners have of you and thats far from blinkered. (although it sounds similar!)

TMACASBT!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

SilsoeSid
30th Jun 2004, 21:16
Nice rant Av18tor,I dont have a blinkered view, I have the view that most ppruners have of you and thats far from blinkered.
Of course you don't have a blinkered view, in your opinion!
I suppose you think you are a good driver as well:ok:

If people really think that of me, well it's taken over 250 posts.
But we can get the same view of you in less than 50.

If you have me 'ignored', how can you be getting the updates, as it is me posting them? GOTCHA!!!

I have the view that most ppruners have of you You Wally, by most, do you mean more than half of the registered 74,026 members?

I don't think so. I know the GE thread on rotorheads is popular, but not that much. Thanks for letting me know :ok:

Funny that all those people with the same view of you keep coming back to visit the thread. What you miss is a military background.

By the way, any pictures that are copyrighted have the due acknowledgement, and if you know anything, the www is open to all, so posting a pic from a different site is ok as long as I don't claim it to be mine. (right click on pic, then 'properties' to find where any pic comes from.)

--------------------
Your opinion of me is none of my business.

Chicken Leg
1st Jul 2004, 01:24
Av18tor

2 out of 74,026 may not be most, but I'm with you.

I too have read the thread from back to front and it seems that SSS is the only person that thinks he is presenting a balanced view. Bless him!

Much more importantly though, the best of luck to the whole team when they decide to continue. I truely hope that they complete the journey safely.

Av18tor
2nd Jul 2004, 00:03
Well how little you know sss.

1. other people make updates to the site apart from you and they are the ones I read, I put you on the ignore ages ago, so sorry no gotcha there.

2. dont know why I have to justify myself to you but for your info, 12 yrs RAF, think that makes for a mil background.

3. I am a police class one advanced driver and motorcyclist, IAM (institute of advanced motorists) examiner, so I guess that someone else thinks I am a very good driver apart from me, for instance my instructors and examiners.

4. 250 posts you have made, 100 on the GE thread alone doesnt give you any credibility at all especially when you look at the content. All you manage to do is get peoples backs up all the time.

5. my opinion doesn't count for anything? Um, like yours does I suppose? I would ask why yours counts but no one elses but seing as I wont be reading any childish reply which you are most likely to post, theres no point in asking the question.

Glad to see your quote and cut and paste skills are improving though, shame its not the content of your posts.

Thanks for your support C Leg, its nice to know some one else is fed up with the prat.

SilsoeSid
2nd Jul 2004, 10:24
AV18or,

Even though you wont get to read this, yea right, (how come you managed to read my last post if i am 'ignored'?), I shall reply for the other viewers.

1. As I am on your ignore list, your updates will therefore be very few and far between, Huge chunks of the journey would have been missed out for you. For information, updates by others, fortyodd mainly, have been one liners and only 7 in total. Why, if you needed updates, didn't you use the GE website setup especially for this purpose, with live GPS tracker? :confused:
You can also read my entry on the rotorhead thread of what you've missed! At the bottom-ish of this page.http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119033&perpage=15&pagenumber=14

2. Having never served in the RAF, I don't know how much of a military background 12 years would give. :=

3. I know you are, thats why I mentioned it. :8 Then again an MoT on a car only says it was roadworthy at the time of examination!! :{

4. And.... :confused:

5. We are all equal, except some think they are more equal than others, don't you? ;)

Thanks for your support C Leg, its nice to know some one else is fed up with the prat.
But there are a lot who aren't. :ok:

--------------------

Always_broken_in_wilts
2nd Jul 2004, 14:03
Keep going Sid as it's great seeing the petulant few rant and rave:E

Class one driver and IAM examiner.............and I bet his gangs bigger than yours:rolleyes:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

SilsoeSid
5th Jul 2004, 23:37
I would like to say that you are all very welcome to join us over on the Rotorheads Forum.

Initially, the Global Eagle thread was running on the Military Aircrew Forum, but because it had nothing to do with the military it was closed.

I tried to explain....but....http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/direct.gif.. I was overruled.

No doubt the longer this thread goes on, the more chance it also has of being closed on this mil forum.

Come if you'd like to, but if not then I don't think it will affect the http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/tossometer.gif.

The thread begins here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119033&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) and we are up to page 14 at the moment.

If you have any problems, press here. (http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Sounds/Tostart.wav)
See you soon. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/PNTSsnoopy.gif

--------------------