PDA

View Full Version : CAL Response time ?

wigwag
28th Jun 2004, 15:35
Hello All,

Submitted my on line application to CAL over a 2 weeks ago for a F/O position.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a response from them, other than the automatic computer response ? How much notice do you get before an interview ?

Thanks

:bored:

IBTheseus
29th Jun 2004, 02:55
I'm not that close to the action on this!

However CAL is quite short of B744 FO's. If that is what you have appied for, then I would expect a quicker response than A340 or B737.

The next part of the answer lies in that CAL likes to do blocks of interviews in each country. ie they have done a block of interviews this year in Singapore and Canada et al. So if you are from a country they have just been to, they may not go back in a hurry.

The other part of the answer is if you want to work for CAL, then don't give up, but be prepared to wait. But understand that you will have to wait a minimum 3 years to command once you join , and quite likely 5 years, filling in your time doing voluntary work for the Co so to be noticed for command.

Each week it seems that at least one or two expats leave. At the beginning of the year, CAL said that they needed 150 expat pilots this year. I understand that this is still is the case.. That may mean that many potential recruits that have been interviewed do not see CAL as the answer.

Sanchez56
2nd Jul 2004, 17:51
Can anybody out there say what life is like at CAL as an Expat direct entry FO
just wondering on roster stability, Life style in Tiawan etc
Whats the quality of life for wife's over there like? What can they do while we are out on the line?
How easy it is to get by as a non Chinese speaker?
Also any pointers on the selection process?
I hear the Medical is prety strict any idea what they are looking for that takes 2 days????
All help and advice much app. Thanks in advance!!!