PDA

View Full Version : A few Q on TR conversion and MCC

henriksch
28th Jun 2004, 14:00
Hi everyone

Once again I have found myself in a position where I dont know which direction to go with my training.....So a few Q.

I have heard that if I get a B1900 TR in the US, and minimum 500 hours on type, then all it takes to convert i to JAA is a proficency check...Is that correct?

I have also heard that if you have 500 Multi-crew time (like in the above example) then you wont need to do the MCC course????

And last.....Just read that if you have 1500 hours w 500 multi-crew, you dont need to convert you FAA IR, but just do a check..

"If you have more than 1500 hours including 500 hours multi-pilot time, and have access to a multi-pilot aircraft for which you hold a valid type rating you simply have to pass an ATPL skill test."

Hope anyone can help..........And sorry about the spelling....

redsnail
28th Jun 2004, 16:34
Most of my references are to the UK CAA's website and LASORS. I am not sure how the Danish CAA (or equivalent) view the exact details.

If you have 500 hours or more in multi crew operations then you don't need to do the MCC. You'll need to have your log book verified though. For the UK CAA they wanted a letter from my employer with start/finish dates and the hours. Note, the aircraft doesn't have to be a JAR 25 (Can be JAR 23) one but it does help for the recognition of multi pilot time. The smallest JAR 25 aircraft that I am familiar with is the Shorts 330.
Ref Section G1.2 (a)(i)
Section G1.3 (2) 2nd paragraph. Pay close attention to that one!

For the conversion of the actual licence, apart from the 14 exams and medical if you have 500 hours in multi pilot operation then all you need to do is:-
You have 500 hours on a JAR 25 aircraft (FO or Captain) then all you need to do is an LPC observed by the CAA. (and any flying you need to get up to speed.

You have 500 hours multicrew time then you need to do a type rating with a TRTO on a JAR 25 aircraft and have the LST observed by the CAA. Note, they can and have added extra components in that check above a standard LST.
Section G1.5 Note 1.

What category is a JAR 25 aircraft? Look at JAR's (http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html) Can't find it? Then it isn't a JAR 25 a/c, look up JAR 23.

UK source. LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1191)
Refs.
G1.2(a)(i)

*Multi crew = 2 crew needed by national law, eg airline ops etc.
Multi pilot = 2 crew required by the aircraft manufacturer.

henriksch
28th Jun 2004, 17:34
Thanks

Lets see if I got it...

No MCC w 500 multi-crew....

The licence your refer to is the Type rating..... So understood that one did 500 on an 737 on a FAA type rating, the you do the check, and then you have a type rating valid in JAR?

And do you need the IR conversion....

Hope I am not making you repeat yourself...:uhoh:

Henrik