PDA

View Full Version : YMML CBD Flypast???

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 01:35
Okay, anyone know why two P3's & a Pilatus (trainer or Roulette) did a flypast over MEL at 11:30? (I think I might have been the only one left in the building!):rolleyes:

Actually, I think they may not be P3's...on account of two of the donks being short! They seem to be HS748's but I thought they'd gone years ago??? Now I'm totally confused!:confused: :confused:

Bevan666
28th Jun 2004, 01:55
They were two HS748's. They are being retired today and this was their sendoff flypast.

I forgot my camera and they just went past my window (on the 31st floor....)

Bevan..

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 02:28
So, was the Roulette there to make sure they didn't defect to NZ or sumfink???:p

Vref+5
28th Jun 2004, 04:11
My guess he/she was the photo chase. The RAAF can never retire an aircraft without a photo.

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 05:13
Good point. I wish I'd known before I mooned them!:uhoh:

I looked at the RAAF web site & the only mention is as Bevan said, about the retiring HS748's, but the article was up in the top end.

Oh well. Mystery solved...Cheers!:ok:

No Further Requirements
28th Jun 2004, 09:46
I was just entering Young and Jacksons for a beer with Chloe (YMML people will know what I'm on about) and saw it too. Did you see the PC9 do the token "I'm here too!" barrel roll? Anyway, RIP Draggie. I won't miss the whine of the donks doing night circuits at ESL, but thanks for the trips you so gratefully were serviceable for! Cheers,

NFR.

Woomera
28th Jun 2004, 11:28
Another chapter closes then.

Was this the one affectionately called the 20 tonne dogwhistle by my Navy mates?

compressor stall
28th Jun 2004, 11:37
judging from the footage on tonight's SBS news, it was the camera chase.

And on that note, did anyone hear the wrong voiceover of John Howard's comments?