PDA

View Full Version : bmi rumours

teifiboy
27th Jun 2004, 20:40
here we go again. Rumours of another big announcement. Usually some substance to these though.

Any ideas?

Global Pilot
28th Jun 2004, 07:08
Is this post starting another bmi rumour or confirming that another one has already been started.
More details on to what the rumour might be about might bring in more replys!!

RoyHudd
28th Jun 2004, 07:58
Recruitment of low-cost FO's from Oxford maybe. Be advised, bmi have no loyalty to their employees, as 57 FO's found out after 9/11.

lamina
28th Jun 2004, 08:50
I've heard its a rumour about a rumoured rumour:D

fokker
28th Jun 2004, 09:34
OK. Look. This is definite. It came from the Costa Coffee manager in T3:

Branson and Bishop have finally sorted out their differences (no, not that one!) and the deal is with the lawyers for final approval. The beardy one has bought the whole show for an undisclosed sum. The keys factors are:

- The amalgamated company will commence long haul transatlantic operations using bmi A330s from LHR 'as soon as possible'.

- bmi mainline crews will operate a full 'mixed fleet' schedule combining short- and long-haul operations, 'difference' courses to commence on a rolling programme with the manufacturer in August.

- Balpa pay claims for bmi crews to be met in full and backdated to the 'no rise' point of April '03.

- Donington Hall to close by the end of '04 with all ops functions parented at LGW.

............ I think that's what he said, anyway.

:E

Young Paul
28th Jun 2004, 09:50
I thought he said, "That'll be £3.50, please." Still there you go - it must be true after all.

jordan
28th Jun 2004, 11:49
I've heard that there's something going on between bmiregional and BA CitiExpress. It's tough in the regional scene, and common ERJ fleet etc etc

Arkroyal
28th Jun 2004, 13:04
fokker, you are such a naughty little stirrer:p

You back with us now then? JCTP?

fokker
28th Jun 2004, 15:51
What-ho, Arky! I'll give you a call. Decided to stay put for lifestyle issues. Good move too, from the sound of it.

;)

nitefiter
28th Jun 2004, 16:42
Jenkins
could you enlarge on that one a bit please?

Codman
28th Jun 2004, 17:03
Would be about right, the ex Bizzy-Air chaps about to get shatfed again. Still,never mind. As long as Sir Mike gets to play aeroplanes.......

P.Pilcher
28th Jun 2004, 17:33
I wouldn't believe a thing you heard from the Costa Coffee manager. I could never get an aircrew discount out of him despite being in full uniform!

P.P.

trainer too 2
28th Jun 2004, 19:49
PP that is just the proof that we needed that he is management! They don't like people in uniform either so he is in the know :p

RoyHudd
28th Jun 2004, 20:57
Eyup Fokker lad. Tha shouldn't even talk on-line with yon bmi lackeys..'specially the likes of Ark lad. Next oop, tha will be flying for't boogers!

Fuzzy112
28th Jun 2004, 22:42
Would be about right, the ex Bizzy-Air chaps about to get shatfed again

How did they get shafted the last time ?

Firestorm
29th Jun 2004, 09:31
I heard from one of the baggage handlers who has a friend who is a cleaner and knows someone who once worked at Starbuck's that bmi crews might get an extra discount at Costa and Starbuck's with every 10th purchase. It could be true.... If it is, I want to work for bmi.

G-LOST
29th Jun 2004, 09:57
That was the case, but the company found out when the chief pilot got offered the discount and it is now officially scrapped, with the company getting the discount in kind, by way of cheaper coffee beans for HQ. There are some brave souls who continue to avail themselves of the discount when it is erroniously offered, but it's only a matter of time before they receive a threatening claim from the company for the refund of an equivalent number of beans.

Half a Mexican
29th Jun 2004, 13:19
In all seriousness I did hear a rumour that BMI might be looking at picking up an A340…

Cheers,
HaM

Yellow Sun
29th Jun 2004, 14:55
HaM

In all seriousness I did hear a rumour that BMI might be looking at picking up an A340…

no you misheard, they might be looking at "a 340". i.e a Saab 340.

YS

GIANNI
29th Jun 2004, 15:19
They made the Saab 340 mistake a few years ago !!!!!!!!!

Codman
30th Jun 2004, 01:10
Not entirely sure it was a mistake Gianni. The 340 enabled Midland to maintain routes that the jets would otherwise have been too expensive on. AMS, BRU, BFS, DUB are all routes that bmi or bmibaby now operate.

And Fuzzy112 they were shafted when regional were moved out of EMA to make way for baby. I should think being told you now work at EDI constitutes a shafting.

nitefiter
30th Jun 2004, 07:52
that would be a "rite royal shafting without the KY",and its about to get a lot worse in LBA.

fokker
30th Jun 2004, 12:17
.......... actually, I thought "shat-fed" (my hyphen) was rather good.....

:}

Codman
1st Jul 2004, 00:09
Fokker - Good spot! It made complete sense whilst I was mashing the keyboard. Sadly it took me 24 hours to realise the childish schoolboy error I'd made!