PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Performance

zoink
27th Jun 2004, 15:14
Hi all
Can anybody point me to a good reference for modern aircraft (Airbus, Boeing all types of Jet) performance figures, ie take off speed, landing speed, weight etc?? I have looked but can only find figures for small aircraft, cessna types... I am really looking for a reference to have for when i visit an airfield....

Thanks in advance...
z...

witchdoctor
27th Jun 2004, 17:36
I think you may have difficulty finding something easy to use. There are so many variables which impact on the performance of the larger aircraft, which may only have an impact of a couple of knots or kilos on very small, limited performance light aircraft. The performance manuals on board these larger aircraft are often over an inch thick, which may give you an idea of how variable it can be.

zoink
27th Jun 2004, 18:08
Hi witchdoctor

Thanks for your reply.. I guess i am looking for Rotation speeds and minimum landing speeds of the big birds... I don't really want detailed technical information...

Anyway.. thanks again... :D

mstram
29th Jun 2004, 01:59
I don't fly jets.

Both the Airbus and Boeing web sites have lots of info there.

Secondary source would be the flight simming community, they try to make it as real as possible. (www.avsim.com, www.flightsim.com) frugalsword.

Ballpark figures, 120 - 170 kts for landing and takeoff, (landing generally less as lighter).

I've seen 747's use an entire 11,000 foot rwy taking off in the summer, they generally can land in around ~5,000 feet. (i.e., slow down and taxi off the rwy in that distance). Lighter, smaller jets, progressively less rwy.

Mike