PDA

View Full Version : Flight Ops computer software

Furby12
27th Jun 2004, 14:45
I'm interested in starting a software company that would provide Flight Ops and Engineering software which can be quickly tailored to specific needs and at a cheaper price than most packages on the market.

Initially the package would contain Crew Roster Management, Flight Management, FO information (Contacts+Permits), Positioning, Technical Libraries and Monthly Reports relating to Quality Control but other features could be easily integrated.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the potential of such a product for small/midsized airlines?

Any information about similar products around would be much appreciated.

:ok:

cl5b&scare
28th Jun 2004, 11:18
HI ,,try Airops,, it will cover most if not all you ask,,you can add any options you need,, we use it for crew flts,and ops following,, it will give you printed out puts that the CAA like and is usable across all offices, ie eng,crewing,ops,,,,etc

Chooch
7th Jul 2004, 07:38
Furby, sorry for the late reply !

You are moving into a competitve world. Larger companies such as the one I work for are in a position to cater for small and large airlines alike, offering Web Based systems and virtual In-House systems for both Crew and Flight Planning. If you have the resources, you might want to consider a niche market that is not yet exploited.

There are a number of products out there, as I say, and you will be up against dozens of companies, though I would say there are about five top players.

Rgds Chooch

:=

Furby12
11th Jul 2004, 17:21
Thx Chouch,

Wouldn't touch the flight planning sector. But are there systems out there that can fully integrate all aspects of an airline for an affordable price? We're mainly looking at cargo aircraft at the moment. Our system integrates weight and balance, crewing, positioning, flght management, engineering, aircraft maintenance and a general staff management system as well as accounting.

Most of the systems out there seem to be rather basic although we might not have seen them all. Who would the top 5 players be for you?

Rgds

Furby 12 :ok:

Chooch
17th Aug 2004, 06:35
Hi Furby

Late again, as always !!

Understood re the 'whole thing' - there is one new company
based out of India/Malaysia pitching a product called "Zodiac"
that does something similar to what you are talking about,
covering 12 aspects of an airline's operation (excluding Flight
Planning)...

Would say that Navtech, Sabre, Jeppesen, Lido and Sita are
the main global players on the Flight Planning side. Anybody care
to add to this list ???

Cheers, Chooch

:8

RD707
17th Aug 2004, 11:14
Hey...

In our company we are using PPS flightplanning, Billund based, Danmark....Not that well known I think...It is ok, would not say great....;)

Good luck though...

Cheers,

Chromium
17th Aug 2004, 11:46
European Aeronautical Group (Aerad/SAS) do a flight planning package called RODOS which links in with aircraft performance, FMS and charts.

AndyDRHuddleston
17th Aug 2004, 14:29
RD707,

We are in the process of swapping from JAS Windows to the PPS system, and wouldn't mind any info/tips/troubles that you have with this system.

Personally I would have preferred to stay with an updated version of Jeppesen or the Aerad/RODOS system, but management preferred PPS's cost savings!!! typical!! Would be better as a windows based system, don't you think?

ADRH

RD707
17th Aug 2004, 20:54
Andy

Yep...I ve flown in the forces, and we've used Jeppesen there...if you compare that to ms-dos based PPS...says enough...

PPS is not too bad, but we've had our fair share of problems with it, the guys of PPS are real nice, real helpful, but it is not really ok for the "big guys".... I would recommend to use it for small companies, VFR flying, etc etc....

send me a private msg and I will tell you about all the troubles we've had

cheers,

Rieko

dxprguy
24th Aug 2004, 21:28
You should have a look at Aero Tec (http://www.aerotec.ca).