PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations for Travis who passed his PPL Flight Test today!

Jimmy89
27th Jun 2004, 11:53
Hey guys,

I think Trav deserves this congratulations. I'm not aviation professional but I hope those ones who are out there would congratulate him too. Trav today passed his PPL Flight Test and as I'm sure anyone would agree he couldn't of done it without his effort and hard work! Congratulations once again Trav! Good luck with your CPL and future career, I'm sure you'll make a great Airline Pilot! :ok:

Cheers!

Jimmy Wang

Howard Hughes
27th Jun 2004, 23:49
Well done Trav, welcome to the world of wine, women and song...
Oh yeh and planes too!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

The Enema Bandit
30th Jun 2004, 10:28
Who the hell is Travis?

HAMO
30th Jun 2004, 10:34
TEB

Agree with you re WTH is Travis ??

Sorry but I thought this was a forum for professionals in the aviation industry

No disrespect Jimmy but maybe these sort of posts would be more appropriate in the "Wannabes" forum

Cheers

Woomera
30th Jun 2004, 10:34
Obviously Jimmy's friend and hero. And doesn't every 14 year old aspiring pilot deserve a friend and hero?

You stick with it kid - and if anyone hassles you, you tell 'em you're Woomera's mate! :ok:

Woomera

takeonme
1st Jul 2004, 07:06
who is woomera?

You called??? :E

Woomera

robair
2nd Jul 2004, 06:33
well done buddy welcome to the brotherhood travis (who ever you are) You have done something most poeple only dream of doing.
well done!!!!!!!!!!:O :D :) :ok: :ok:

Taildragger
6th Jul 2004, 10:25
Reminds me of the song .... Living next door to Travis.
"Travis.?? Travis.?? Who the fcuk is Travis"
Thinks...maybe it was Alice, but Travis sounds better.
Anyway, me old son, congratulations on taking the first steps on the greasy pole of Aviation. You are now on the road to your third wife and subsequent ruin. Well done mate.!!

Obie
6th Jul 2004, 11:39
So, how old is travis?...:bored:

VH-Cheer Up
7th Jul 2004, 07:05
I'm guessing 34, and has 6000 PUS hours in his log, hence the jubilation at finally passing his GFT.

Trav737-400
7th Jul 2004, 08:13
Nah not quite VH- cheer up. More like 19, about 75 hours TT and contemplating whether to enter the aviation industry, however having 2nd thoughts coz some of u people scare me!, lol. Anyway, any advice for this wannabe?(serious please!).

Pinky the pilot
7th Jul 2004, 10:28
Travis; There are far,far too many bitter and twisted souls on this august forum so I would take a helluva lot of posts, specifically all of the negative ones with a massive load of salt!
If it be your dream to pursue a career in aviation permit this shortly to hit the big 50 with 3400hrs, crashed out,part time has-been give you a piece of advice......
Go for it and don't let anyone tell you not to!!!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Di_Vosh
7th Jul 2004, 21:39
Travis,

Don't listen to the knockers (they will always outnumber the positives).

If you want to do it, then do it! It wont be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

DIVOSH!

Trav737-400
11th Jul 2004, 02:52
Thanks for the advice guys, it be wont be easy i know but hopefully it will be worthwhile in the long-term, thanks!.

Wings Of Fury
12th Jul 2004, 07:49
Trav, Welcome to PPRUNE!! :{ :ok:

The Enema Bandit
14th Jul 2004, 04:12
Congratulations Trav. Getting the job is the hard part, getting the hosties is the easy bit! Go for it and don't listen to some of the w@nkers that frequent this website.

Trav737-400
17th Jul 2004, 08:20
Thanks guys, getting a job afterwards is my biggest worry but I guess all industries not just aviation are like that.:p

CBavoider
31st Jul 2004, 09:34
Trav, good onya!

Don't listen to those rusted out jealous types in here tryin' to knock ya down.

Thinkin' of my ol' days after the ppl and even after the cpl heres some advice from an old hack...

Don't let go of your dream. When times get tough, hold on even tighter.. don't let go!!!!!! Get good, fly the numbers EXACTLY, Talk the talk, walk the walk... and keep your face in with those who hire and fire... think outside the square, and it'll make it that much "easier" for you :rolleyes:

One last thing.. always remember....

"Life is a journey, never a destination!"

Well done mate.. looking forward to seeing you around somewhere....

:ok:

disco_air
5th Aug 2004, 03:49
Onya Travis...

PPL flight test is no easy test. Good luck with flight tests still to face - CPL, CIR etc (Which I have also yet to face!)

I agree with you, this forum often scares me too! But, like life u need to make up your own mind on what to pay attention to.

See you around!

Disco

The Librarian
5th Aug 2004, 07:48
Well done Trav,
Its a great career if you choose to go that way although slightly frustrating at times.
Best of Luck and keep the blue bits up.:D

Trav737-400
8th Aug 2004, 12:33
Thanks for the advice guys, its a big help. At the moment im building my command time and already ive had some interesting flights, the weather hasnt been nice to me, lol. After ive got a few solo hours up ill do my NVFR rating and then decide whether to go on from there. Anyway thanks!:ok: