PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900 jobs in Morroco

professional
26th Jun 2004, 17:07
Does anyone know of a commuter using B1900 somewhere in Morroco?

concordino
26th Jun 2004, 19:56
Regional Air Lines out of Casablanca has 4 B1900D's.:cool:

sharksucker
28th Jun 2004, 19:15
are you sure they still operate 4 of them?
from what I heard from a guy he knew the chiefpilot they were down to one and going to stop operation in summer?
It is just a roumor, so would be glad to get clarification about this!

concordino
28th Jun 2004, 22:27
As far as i know, all four are flying and are fullfilling a heavy flying schedule.

The fleet is soon to be supported by two Ex RAM ATR42's.

But then again, everything is possible :E :{

I'd be interested in knowing your source of info, PM me if you fell it is better....

bleedfail
28th Jun 2004, 22:32
Going there should be your last option.....

sharksucker
29th Jun 2004, 08:57
seems that you are right... Have to check my source...

Just sent a pm to you!

professional
1st Jul 2004, 23:11
Thanks to everyone and yes it is my only (?) and last option...
Feel free to share more information... I am looking forward to hear some more information about them... Have you worked for them?

Treetopflyer
5th Jul 2004, 17:49
Apparently Bleedfail is right. A friend of mine actually "worked" for them a few years back. They hired him, made him pay for his Flight Safety B190 type rating. Then he came back to Morocco and stayed on the ground for several months, before Regional finally furloughed him and several other guys in the same situation.

The pays seems fairly low, around 1600 USD/mo. for F/Os, and the chances of upgrading are pretty slim unless you hold a Morrocan passport.:*

Again, things might have changed, and the situation for each and every one is different. But that's the story.

professional
6th Jul 2004, 15:14
Thanks Treetopflyer,
Actually, I have got my Flight Safety B1900 Type, with 3000 hours. I Worked in the US and I having a really hard time trying to get the JAA...
I was just wondering if somebody could point out to look into other places like in Africa...

Treetopflyer
8th Jul 2004, 10:22
A few companies operating 1900s in Africa:

- Sonair in Angola: several BE1900Ds & BE350s.
- Golfo International in Angola: several BE1900Ds.
- IDC in Seychelles: BE1900Ds.
- NAC in South Africa: several BE1900Cs & Ds.
- Air Affaires Gabon: 2 x BE1900Ds.
- Air Tropiques in DRC: 1 x BE1900C.

You will find the most contacts easily on the internet Yellow Pages of Africa.

Sir Cumference
9th Jul 2004, 07:55
I heard this week that NAC are looking for 1900 drivers. Could be worth giving them a call. Mike Clark would be the contact person at +27 11 267 5336

SC

Flying Bean
9th Jul 2004, 19:01
We are also looking for a B1900C driver. Only for a few months I'm afraid and Zambian regs require an ATPL. But drop me a line.

[email protected]

Cheers Capt K

concordino
15th Jul 2004, 13:03
treetopflyer,

1600 USD/month for an F/O is low but that is about the going rate for it .

I'm curious to find out how much the stated operators you mentioned are paying their F/O's ?

Any takers ?

Concordino

propilotdave
15th Jul 2004, 15:12
i have been made aware in the flighinfo.com forums that there maybe a change coming qute soon in the JAA regs. 1500 hours multi post-ATP and a written and your in. A momentous change from the 23, 000 usd and year of schooling. Go get um!!!
ps. how does everyone like the african flying. companies, safety, POLITICS??? Very curious and dually interested...

Treetopflyer
15th Jul 2004, 17:55
Salaries for a BE1900 F/O in Gabon:

Avirex: 3000 USD + car + telephone (they dropped their last 1900 less than a year ago).

Air Service Gabon: 4000 USD + accomodation (they dropped theirs about 18 months ago).

Air Affaires Gabon: 4000 USD + accomodation.

And as far as Angolese operators are concerned (SAL, Golfo and Sonair), I would be extremely surprised if they paid their F/Os less than 2500 USD.

concordino
17th Jul 2004, 18:31
Treetopflyer,

Thanks for your post, i think you are overly painting a rosy picture with your figues and that is for one main reason.

The companies you stated are mostly French Run operating out of Gabon which is expensive in terms of cost of living, plus to work for Air Affaire or Air Service one is usualy rated as Captain on some other plane in the fleet...let alone connections to get in...

As for the companies in Angola, i know for a fact they have only local F/O's.

South African operators, i am not sure about but i do not think the pay it that great either.

Please do not mistake me for defending the miserable 1600 USD/month at Regional in Morocco but again i think we need a reality check.

Flacon in Dubai pays F/O's 2500 USD, you have to fly to Iraq and Dubai is not Cheap either :rolleyes:

Treetopflyer
29th Jul 2004, 21:08
Rosy or not, you asked me how much they paid, so I told you... And as far as getting into these companies is concerned, it is not so important to have connections than it is to speak French.

Now, as a final answer to Professional's original question: we seem to agree on the fact that the salary spectrum for BE1900 F/Os in Africa is quite wide, and Regional is definitely close to the bottom.

Bravo190
3rd Aug 2004, 12:06
Anybody know what the contract guy's(NAC, Rossair etc) requirements are?

SA ATP, 2000TT, 1500 TURBINE(C208B) and 100hrs P2 on B1900.

any chance of P1?

HAPPY days:p

Carrier
11th Nov 2004, 05:16
Regional close to the bottom? Nowhere near! I took some persuading on this but having heard it from more than one source have to believe it is true. If it is not then perhaps someone in Zambia can correct it.

The pay for a Beech 1900D Captain at Zambian Airways is US$500.00 and change per month! That’s right – there is no zero missing. There is also a per sector payment. Do ten sectors in a long day and you will get the equivalent of about US$3.00 after tax! First Officers get about US$400.00 and change. There are no benefits other than a shirt and tie and being picked up and dropped off at home by a mini-bus. All pilots at Zambian Airways seem to have financial support from elsewhere. Some have help from parents, others have a spouse who works and yet others have another income, such as a pension from previous employment.

There is a constant turnover of pilots and management seems to wonder why! Nobody stays for more than about a year. Apparently that is what is contracted for. Why do pilots go there? Pilots do get the rating paid for by the company - it is done in the plane – and then have the better part of 1,000 hours experience by the end of their one year. Then it is off to greener pastures.

Unfortunately some do not even honour their one year obligation. I was advised that in the past some expats have skipped after getting the rating and enough hours to find a job elsewhere, which has now made it very difficult for non-Zambians to get a look in. However, even Zambian pilots rarely stay for much more than a year at Zambian Airways.

I still find it difficult to believe that they can get away with it. Even the driver of a piston single such as a C206 or C210 gets more pay than that, plus benefits such as accommodation and food if they work for a fly-in lodge type of operation!