PDA

View Full Version : Sej Dunning

Teignmouth
26th Jun 2004, 16:49
Those of you who know Sej will be saddened to hear that he remains seriously/critically ill in the Sandton Clinic, where he has been for the past 2-3 weeks with a bad bout of malaria.

There are positive signs, I believe, and we are therefore praying Sej will make a full recovery.

You may wish, however, to offer up a prayer of your own.

planecrazi
26th Jun 2004, 17:57
I am deeply saddened to hear about this. I sure will send prayers his way and wish all the best for him and his family at these times.

I sure did enjoy working and flying with Sej all those years ago.

Pontius' Pilot
27th Jun 2004, 03:33
I heard just last night that his condition is still very serious, but that he is now making an attempt at communicating (although be it only a wink) with people that see him.

Apparently he contracted cerebral malaria.

Had some of the finest times as a youngster with him in Durban when he was at 19b. Godspeed old SEJ.

4HolerPoler
27th Jun 2004, 07:03
Thoughts & prayers are with you Senor Sej.

Best wishes.

4HP

Balloothebear
28th Jun 2004, 10:24
Chatted to the family this morning,still pretty much touch and go.
Picked up the Ceribral Maleria whilst in Kruger Park a few weeks back.
Your in our prayers Sej.
Get well soon.

Robinson Crusoe
28th Jun 2004, 14:47
Senor Sej, Deeply Saddened to hear of your illness. Many good times in all parts of Africa with the Cruz Vermella. Thinking of you and Maggie and Shona.

ou Trek dronkie
28th Jun 2004, 21:30
Get well soon Sej.

oTd

Cardinal Puff
29th Jun 2004, 08:23
Hang in there, Sej. You're the only one at RA ballsy enough to make a decision and they need you.

All good things to family and friends in this time of crisis.....

captain69
29th Jun 2004, 11:18
Gee, hope you pull through mate. Had many nights with SEJ in Somalia on the p-ss.Good memories.

BAKELA
29th Jun 2004, 11:26
Sej, vasbyt. You and the family are in our thoughts. Hope you get well very soon.

Bakela & Sharalumi

Gunship
29th Jun 2004, 17:41
Make a speedy return Sej .. hope the fondest memories will pull you through !

You are in me and my families prayers.

Robinson Crusoe
1st Jul 2004, 10:53
Ballooooo, do you have any update on SEJ's condition?
Thanks

Tokoloshe
1st Jul 2004, 13:49
hang in there big guy! Lots of us wishing you a speedy recovery...

Cardinal Puff, I agree with your sentiments :ok:

Balloothebear
2nd Jul 2004, 08:39
Sej is not doing to well today.He has picked up an infection in his lungs,has a high temp,and is under sedation to help him relax.
Please guys,keep him and the family in your prayers during this time of need.
Thanks

Robinson Crusoe
2nd Jul 2004, 11:11
Balloo, Thanks for the update. Difficult to get this info on the Little Island across the pond. Please assure SEJ and the family that he is in our thoughts and praying for a speedy recovery.

flyboy2
2nd Jul 2004, 12:36
To Sej & Family

Wishing a full & complete recovery

Hope medics know what to do there ? !!

Best wishes

Teignmouth
2nd Jul 2004, 14:50
I believe the ICU staff at the Sandton Clinic are amongst the best in the country, so I think Sej is in good hands.

I have heard that, earlier this afternoon, Sej was awake and alert, despite the pneumonia he has picked up and for which he is receiving physiotherapy. He can only communicate by writing, because of the tubes, etc.

He is by no means out of the woods, though, and faces a long battle back to health. However, there appear to be good reasons for optimism.

Teignmouth
5th Jul 2004, 17:54
Latest news is that Sej is still battling with pneumonia but that the malaria appears to be a thing of the past.

He's still in ICU on a ventilator.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. It's going to be a long uphill struggle. Knowing Sej, he'll be determined to come through so he can buy all of you, who have been rooting for him, a celebratory drink or ten!

dakotanorb
8th Jul 2004, 15:38
My prayers are with you Sej!
I hope you are riding your Harley soon again.

Sir Cumference
9th Jul 2004, 07:50
I heard last night that Sej is still VERY ill. There was a small improvement yesterday but not enough for all his friends to begin partying. Sej, hang in there, you are in all our thoughts and prayers and are in excellent hands at Sandton.

Cousin S

Teignmouth
9th Jul 2004, 15:16
One and the same!

Latest info I have, as of today, is that there are positive signs. Sej has been taken off the ventilator (again, but this time permanently, we hope), which means he is breathing more easily. Still heavily sedated for his own comfort. But now on his back again, which is good.

The messages of support appearing here have been forwarded to Sej's family and will mean a lot to Sej when he reads them, so keep 'em coming, all those of you who know him.

Gunship
10th Jul 2004, 07:47
:p Hey Sej,

Kom nou ... the beers are getting hot !!!

PS: God Speed in your recovery ou maat !

4HolerPoler
13th Aug 2004, 21:03
Can someone give us an update on how Sej is doing please? Our thoughts & prayers remain with him & his family.

4HP

Teignmouth
14th Aug 2004, 05:06
Last I heard, it's all good news. Sej is out of ICU and is in a private ward. He is completely over the malaria. His lung function is not 100% yet, but he's on the way there. Apparently, his family had shown him all the messages posted by Ppruners, which cheered him up considerably. Perhaps, once he's back home at Harties, he'll write a message to be posted here, giving us his account of what he's been through.

4HolerPoler
14th Aug 2004, 05:30
Great news, thanks. 4HP

SEJ Dunning
22nd Aug 2004, 11:00
Thanks very much to those of you who wished me well during my illness. I can promise you that I needed every good wish and prayer.

It was indeed a bad dose of falciparum which laid me low, picked up in the Kruger Park at the end of May. I was in intensive care for 8 weeks where the doctors despaired of the prognosis on a number of occasions.

I am back home now recuperating weak as a lamb but at least in the land of the living!

The moral of the story is "dont take chances with Mrs Anopheles"

Keep the beer cold I'll be there soon.

Thanks again everyone.

SEJ

Sandiron
22nd Aug 2004, 11:09
Way to go, Sej! First die Bokke and now this. It's turned into a good weekend!

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Aug 2004, 11:24
Good man, Sej. I'll get some beer out to you to help with the recovery......

B Sousa
22nd Aug 2004, 14:37
Sej..As a friend of yours (G.B.) said to me a few weeks ago. After all the sh1t you have been through and to see one Mosquito do this damage, its just not fair.
Hope to meet you some day.
Get well as they are overstocking SA with Castles.

Pontius' Pilot
23rd Aug 2004, 03:45
:ok:
Good one on you Sej

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Aug 2004, 06:50
Sej, mate....

Castle will kill ya.:E I'll send you some of the real thing!:ok:

Sir Cumference
23rd Aug 2004, 08:03
Signor Sej. Great news! I can only agree with what life deals you over time and then one tiny little irritating mozzie in the Kruger Park of all places.....! I made contact with the staff at Sandton and they are really great people and you were in good hands. Rest, get your strength back and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Cousin S

planecrazi
23rd Aug 2004, 11:48
Good for you SEJ. Now is the time to visit the Aberdares and catch those trout again.
Take care.

Komba
23rd Aug 2004, 12:15
Wish you a speedy recovery Sej. Hope to see you up at the ACEA again soon.

Robinson Crusoe
23rd Aug 2004, 18:34
Senor Sej, Welcome back!! Really great news that you are on the mend. Never mind all the temtations of Castle and trout. Have a real meal, Beira Prawns! ( Just don't go fetch them. Mozzies you know!!) All the best and a speedy recovery