PDA

View Full Version : XH558 To Fly Again!!

MightyGem
26th Jun 2004, 09:07
From today's Daily Express:

"The last airworthy Vulcan nuclear bomber in the country can fly again, thanks to a £2.7 million lottery grant. The huge delta winged plane has been mothballed at Bruntingsthorpe(sic) airfield in Leicestershire awaiting restoration.

Robert Pleming of the Vulcan in the Sky charity said: 'At last we can begin work on Vulcan XH558 to return her to her rightful place. We hope to have a test flight around August next year.' "

:ok: :ok:

propulike
26th Jun 2004, 11:28
Car alarms at air shows around the country should be quivering in anticipation already ;)

pr00ne
26th Jun 2004, 11:33
Premature congragulation here methinks!

Read the press statement issued by the Vulcan to the sky mob, two rather important little snippets of information;

1. ...."providing the partnership funding is there"...........

2. ...."funds are still required to complete the partnership undertaking"................

No change there then, they can do this as long as someone else pays for it.

The Swinging Monkey
28th Jun 2004, 06:51
prOOne

I fear you may well be correct here.
We have all seen it before, loads of talk and little action.
I genuingly wish them all well, but alas, I fear that we may soon be further pestered for more and more donations, together with the never-ending threat that we will lose her to the States.
Good luck to all at Bruntingthorpe, I wish you well.
Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey

ps, whatever happened to all the money that has been raised over the past ?? years? any ideas?

Stitchbitch
29th Jun 2004, 13:20
ps, whatever happened to all the money that has been raised over the past ?? years? any ideas?

Brake parachutes are very expensive, and they don't pack themselves you know...;)

(sounds of stitchbitch running away with the loot)