PDA

View Full Version : sponsership

fhajebah
25th Jun 2004, 17:41
could anyone tell me what is the average requirements to be sponsered to become a flying instructer and any other info would be much welcome and bearing in mind i am only 15 at the moment
:sad:
Thank you :ok:

flyonwall
28th Jun 2004, 11:19
It is a long process unfortunately to become a flying instructor. I shall make it as brief as possible..

1) You require a PPL (Private Pilot's License)
2) You then need to get a Instrument Rating
3) Thirdly, you need to do your CPL (Commercial Pilot's License), which requires a certain amount of hours.
4) You need to do a flight instructor's course.

For more information, visit
www.ccat.org.uk (http://www.ccat.org.uk)
This is copied from their website..

Modular Flight Instructor Training
The Flight Instructor Rating course comprises 30 hours of flight training and 125 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction, with a two hour allowance added to cover the final Skill Test. Applicants for this course must either already hold a CPL, or have at least passed the CPL (or ATPL) theoretical knowledge examinations and have a minimum flying experience of 200 hours (of which at least 100 must have been flown as pilot in command).

Instructor students are trained in pairs allowing the maximum opportunity to practice teaching techniques in the classroom and to observe them in the air. The course is structured in three phases. Phase 1 covers all the syllabus requirements for teaching and learning, and is largely conducted in the classroom. Phase 2 deals with all the theoretical knowledge that is required from an Instructor teaching the Private Pilot's Licence (PPL). This will involve a thorough revision of all the subjects studied during CPL (or ATPL) ground training, then instruction in how to teach these to PPL students.

Phase 3 covers the complete practical flying syllabus through a full series of long briefings and air exercises. The trainee Instructor will be taught how to teach and fly all 23 exercises that make up the current JAA PPL syllabus. Upon satisfactory completion of the course, the trainee will take the final Skill Test and will be issued with a Flight Instructor (Restricted) Rating. The restriction will automatically be removed when the holder has completed 100 hours of flight instruction and has authorised (under supervision from a senior Instructor) 25 solo student flights.

Course Fee
The charge for 30 hours of flight training (conducted on Grumman AA5A and AA5B) with a two hour Skill Test and all landing/navigation charges is £5,950 plus VAT.

This does not include the JAA Instructor Examiners Skill Test Fee or the cost of any additional training required.

Hope this helps:ok:

StudentInDebt
28th Jun 2004, 15:48
Cabair have a scheme called an internship where you contribute part of the cost of the various courses and your labour for a couple of years. Various options are available on how quickly you get the rating and how much time you spend doing various jobs.

You'll need good GCSEs and A-Levels to apply.

Pilot Pete
28th Jun 2004, 16:03
I know this is a bulletin board and people don't like 'spelling police', but bearing in mind the subject matter I felt it appropriate (and hope fully helpful) to point out to a Wannabe the age of fhajebah that one thing that is important when looking for opportunities such as sponsored training is the correct use of the English language. 'what are the average requirements' and being able to spell 'sponsorship' will get your application further.

No offence is meant, purely an observation which may help you not to get binned before you even get a foot through the door....

One thing you can count on is that any form of sponsorship is extremely difficult to get due to the competition.

I wish you well.

PP

type1
29th Jun 2004, 13:13
and pilot pete, hopefully is one word.....

Pilot Pete
29th Jun 2004, 23:50
Thankyou type 1.................

PP

Or should that be thank you type 1..............?

PP:p

fhajebah
4th Jul 2004, 07:27
I am sorry about the spelling mistakes for i was typing very fast because i had to go out but point noted thank you

Also, is cabair the only company to do sponsorship?

And finally, about the part working part paying option i have already spoken to Cabair via email and face to face and they do not have anything going but i suppose the only thing is to keep trying

PS. Does any one know any good places to do ppl in Biggin Hill (what is the cheapest)

Thanks for everything :ok:

4th Jul 2004, 09:37
You do not need an IR to become a flying instructor.....