PDA

View Full Version : Shiny White Puma

jayteeto
25th Jun 2004, 15:34
I have just vflown over Seaforth in Liverpool and spotted a white Puma parked on the dock. Any clues to owners/origin??

simfly
25th Jun 2004, 15:37
There was recently a Nepal VIP puma up in Aberdeen for maintenance, dissapeared though so maybe down there ready to be shipped back??

here it is (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=561368&WxsIERv=QWVyb3NwYXRpYWxlIEFTLTMzMkwgU3VwZXIgUHVtYQ%3D%3D&WdsYXMg=TmVwYWwgUm95YWwgVlZJUCBGbGlnaHQ%3D&QtODMg=QWJlcmRlZW4gLSBEeWNlIChBQlogLyBFR1BEKQ%3D%3D&ERDLTkt=VUsgLSBTY290bGFuZA%3D%3D&ktODMp=QXByaWwgMjIsIDIwMDQ%3D&BP=0&WNEb25u=R2FyeSBXYXR0IC0gQWlyVGVhbUltYWdlcw%3D%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=OU4tUkFH&MgTUQtODMgKE=U3RvcHBpbmcgb2ZmIGF0IEFCWiBmb3IgYW4gaG91ciBhZnR lciB3b3JrIHJlc3VsdGVkIGluIHRoaXMgbmljZSBOZXBhbGVzZSBQdW1hLiB Xb24ndCBiZSBsb25nIGJlZm9yZSBpdCBtYWtlIGl0J3MgbG9uZyBqb3VybmV 5IEVhc3Qu&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=ODU2&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwNC0wNC0yMg%3D%3D&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=MjE0OA%3D%3D&static=yes&size=L)

Heliport
25th Jun 2004, 20:15
On the other hand, someone might have imported one. ;)

Or even two. http://www.bluetonguehelicopters.com.au/pprune/actsm.gif

ppheli
26th Jun 2004, 05:35
Heliport, I suspect you know more than you are letting on! You are perfectly correct saying thre are TWO Pumas at Seaforth, not one. One is a white 330F model, the other a camo 330J, both are on Sierra Leone registrations and the latest info was that they are impounded at the docks.

Stories vary at present as to their expected next move, but the general gist is that they are outbound to Africa to work there - possibly via an overhaul of sorts in the UK. The white one originally served in Chile, and the camo one apparently from Indonesia.

Simfly, the Nepalese L model departed UK on 23rd May by air to Dijon (presume en route Marignane?)

RS2
26th Jun 2004, 14:10
About a month ago I was told that a 'white' Puma was due to pass through Wolverhampton / EGBO on route to ? from Liverpool docks (probably making use of the free landing fee for fuel uptake). Was later informed that the flight was going to be possibly delayed due to radio problems on the aircraft.

Nothing heard or seen since.

DH T.11
15th Sep 2004, 16:58
The puma never did go to EGBO in the end :(

Tiger_mate
15th Sep 2004, 17:04
Everyone else dreams of a white Christmas. Jayteeto dreams of a white Puma.

You wouldnt like it mate its all analoque and smelly, and you should know! Stick to the shiny yellow and black and get my wheels back off them scousers.

Variable Load
16th Sep 2004, 06:08
The Puma's are ex Chilean Army. They are now sitting in a hangar at Kemble and have been registered in Sierra Leone. In the same hangar is a third Puma sitting in a crate, also ex Chilean Army.

That's all I know. Anyone care to speculate who owns them, or where they are going next?

MightyGem
30th Jun 2005, 15:39
The white one's still in Liverpool docks. Just incase you were wondering. :rolleyes:

drakkar
30th Jun 2005, 16:40
Just to confirm. Is it puma, SA 330 L or J or is it a AS 332 C or L. Because the picture is showing an AS 332L.
Only the SA 330J model may be registered by civil authority, the L model is the export military version.
Cheers

MightyGem
30th Jun 2005, 17:43
Not sure if it's the one in the picture. I don't recall seeing any red on it.

Tony Chambers
30th Jun 2005, 17:47
dont leave it there too long or someone will have the wheels off and the stereo out of it ;)

Tokunbo
1st Jul 2005, 13:26
I think you'll find someone has already had a few things out of them. A certain pilot, no longer working in Nigeria, had something to do with them and the likelihood of them arriving in SL is pretty low I hear (problems with legal documentation, genuine spare parts etc.). Guns may be able to shed some light on iy as he was once in SL.