PDA

View Full Version : Making a music dvd

onehunga
25th Jun 2004, 11:38
Given the shear volume that a dvd can hold I thought I would be smart and burnt one full of mp3 files using the latest version of Nero and its easy to use wizard thingie. However the said dvd won't play in my dvd player attached to the tv. It will play in my NEC 1300 dual dvd burner though.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Also I have seen a few of those freeware programmes around that enable you to make a front end onscren menu and was thinking that perhaps I could burn my music onto a dvd and have an onscreen menu interface by artist etc. Has anyone done this before? Any perceived problems pitfalls etc?

Cheers in advance.

spannersatcx
25th Jun 2004, 15:10
However the said dvd won't play in my dvd player attached to the tv

Does the said DVD player attached to the tv have the ability to play mp3's? What make/model is it?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Jun 2004, 13:44
onehunga,

A great web resource is:

VideoHelp.com (http://www.videohelp.com/) (Used to be known as DVDRHelp.com & VCDHelp.com)

There you can find all the info you need on your DVD Burner and DVD Player. (Try to match the media that both the Burner and Player work with.) ;)

Take Care,

Richard

onehunga
28th Jun 2004, 12:52
Awesome, thanks so much. Looks like xmas presents are sorted this year for the family. Video cd's loaded with pictures of my travels. Brilliant!