PDA

View Full Version : Emerald?? (Merged)

Snigs
25th Jun 2004, 08:21
I, and I suspect 1000's of others, sent my CV off to Emerald in response to their ad in last weeks Flight. Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Megaton
25th Jun 2004, 08:23
In a word......no!

Ropey Pilot
25th Jun 2004, 09:13
The ATP jobs that were advertised are for type rated pilots (Don't know if you are, but I know I'm not). For their other fleets they want you to pay for one of their type rating courses and then they might employ you afterwards from their holding pool.

Don't work for them myself - so not gospel, just what I have found out myself.

RP

74Freight
25th Jun 2004, 09:46
The crew taken on recently were bonded for their type ratings and did not pay themselves.( all with only light a/c experience)
We have started doing a few self funded ratings on the Shorts again as steamline did in the past. A risk, of course, with just a few shed operators left.

Snigs
9th Jul 2004, 09:40
Just to update, I spoke to them yesterday, and the word is that the CVs are being reviewed and word will be out in a fortnight or so!

haughtney1
19th Jul 2004, 19:28
Just got an email this afternoon from Simon the head HR guy, basically saying 300+ applications recieved, and if you dont hear from us by the start of August, assume you have been unsuccessful.

smooooth landings

H

MJR
21st Jul 2004, 09:22
Ditto, I received similar yesterday.

air hog
21st Jul 2004, 11:15
Got the same, now for the waiting game!!

Good luck all

redsnail
21st Jul 2004, 14:27
I was speaking to John Kendrick today. He's after captains that have the experience to become TRI/TRE's for the shorts fleet.
They are obliged to place the 2 pilots that have paid for their ratings. They aim to do this very soon.
What'll happen after that is any one's guess.
John did say that there is a steady trickle of folks leaving but he doesn't know who's going or when.
Very approachable.

Say again s l o w l y
25th Jul 2004, 20:54
Two Captains and two F/O's interviewed the other week for the Shed fleet. 748's I don't have a clue about, but there has been very little movement there for quite a while.

Shed fleet is desperately short (sic) of Captains, some F/O's should get made up soon, but with the farce that is rostering at the moment, pretty much all the captains who can leave will, sooner rather than later. A great shame since there are some great guy's amongst the crews and they will be an enormous loss to the company. (Not that they would seem to care.)

Since when have we had an HR dept.???!!!:rolleyes:

MJR
29th Jul 2004, 09:37
Almost the end of the month, anyone heard anything yet?

PS This is my 250th post on Pprune, do I get any special kind of award for this?

cheers

MJR

haughtney1
29th Jul 2004, 10:17
Nope I havent heard tikity boo....still a day to go....dammit I hate waiting

Cheers

H

oskar
11th Aug 2004, 11:55
Hi guys,
Has anybody out there that has applied to emerald heard any news back from them. I applied a while back and heard they maybe recruiting as august. any news or advice would be great.

thanks again

Snigs
11th Aug 2004, 12:45
Their email to me said Thank you for your recent application and interest in Emerald Airways. We received an overwhelming (300+) response to our advert and as a result our review of the applications has taken longer than expected. However, this is now ongoing and if you have not been contacted further by us by the end of July 2004, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.

Haven't heard a squeak. Come on Emerald, you don't know what you're missing.

Oh well......... :{

eagerbeaver
11th Aug 2004, 13:52
i have applied via email and post and not a sausage, how many posts were on offer?
Would be nice to hear something, and they wonder why we call them and hassle them all the time.

Goldfinger
11th Aug 2004, 14:55
Apparently a couple of Captains being taken on.

Don't know when, Don't know where.

and Don't shoot the messenger.

as for F/O's, please show me a crystal ball.

Goldfinger:} :}

Personally i'd rather be driving Hot Black Desartio's motor.

flykiller
11th Aug 2004, 17:20
Its a very slow process recruitment at Emerald:mad:

flykiller
11th Aug 2004, 17:24
Just to let you all know >> they have been interviewing every weds for the last 3 weeks. Dont know when its finishing