PDA

View Full Version : PA-31 Pilot/Assistant Hotel Manager position in Bahamas

Panama Jack
25th Jun 2004, 07:45
PA 31 Pilot/Mgr 6/22/2004

Looking for a pilot to fly our hotel aircraft and to assist in managing the hotel located in the Out Island of the Bahamas. We fly daily to FXE or FLL for supplies and Pax's. Must be willing to live on the island. 500 TT 50 multi PA-31 time a plus 32k a year + housing and food on the island.

For details and contact information please login to your www.aviationcareer.com account.

flyinggromit
25th Jun 2004, 10:16
Do you have any contact?
Many thanks!

aerogull
25th Jun 2004, 16:13
Panama Jack

Please check your PM's

Thanks

Panama Jack
25th Jun 2004, 18:49
Clarification:

Panama Jack is not involved in this company. I only posted the job ad that I saw while surfing. :}

Good luck to all.

Captain Stable
27th Jun 2004, 13:26
Further clarification:-

Please note that advertising is NOT permitted on PPRuNe. If advertisers can afford to pay a salary, they can afford to pay for their advertising costs. PPRuNe Administration will be very grateful to receive a little revenue to pay for the running of this site - IT IS NOT CHEAP!!!!

Given that often jobs in the Carib/LatAm region are hard to come by, I have no objection to people reporting jobs that they have seen advertised elsewhere. If I once suspect that people are misusing the site and using it to avoid cost to their own organisation, I will get out a very large baseball bat and amend their profiles.

Bear in mind that I look very closely at items posted that look like they might be misusing PPRuNe.

Panama Jack
28th Jun 2004, 05:16
Captain Stable, I agree with you . . . you are right to be bothered by folks who squat on a public forum to do free advertisment for a "for profit" organization.

Personally, it is not with complete satisfaction that I list job leads like these that I come across whilst surfing the web. The descriptions are interesting enough, however, I don't like the fact that they lead you on to a site where a membership fee needs to be paid to get the full details where your application goes through a middle man. IMHO, it reflects poorly on the prospective employer. :hmm:

As you've pointed out, my posting info like this is, I feel, is a compromise. It is frustrating to people like myself to have so many visitors to this forum ask in a variety of ways "Any jobs out there??? only to give the same negative response most of the time. I am delighted to see that there has been some recent movement in Latin America. Having employment tips not only helps visitors or users of The Caribbean and Latin America forum, but in itself helps develop a more interesting forum, along with postings of news events like thos made by members like latin aviation and others.

Nevertheless, it is not with entirely clear conscience that I direct people to a company where the job opening is not verifyable and where the person would have to pay a fee for a postion where, even if he is suitably qualified, he probably has little chance of getting due to the large amount of applicants. Isn't that just like aviation!!! :ouch: In the end, I feel it comes down to the maturity of each individual to assess whether it is worth paying the membership fee or not.

Having said that, sometimes other info is gained from these "job openings." Until a few weeks ago nobody had heard of a prospective Boeing 737 operator named "Aero de Dominicana" . . . I think most of us are still uncertain whether it is "for real." Likewise, the aviation community in Latin America and the Caribbean is small-- it is always possible that people know who the aforementioned PA-31 operator in the Bahamas is, and known that they are looking helps them or their friends, or spawns additional discussion here.