PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Captain - Based North West Flight International

G-SPOTs Lost
24th Jun 2004, 21:50
Anybody know more about this particular North West operation?

Advert is for Type Rated Bravo Captains with an FAA Ticket.

600 hours per year I'm led to believe!! :ooh:

Homer_J
26th Jun 2004, 10:07
If its the one Im thinking of, then its based with Ravenair/LAS in liverpool. They've got aztecs, partinavias, and a seneca. They also have a C90 on there AOC as a management aircraft, so I guess the citation is along similar lines. It may also be linked with AD aviation.

Hope that is of any use.

rara avis
26th Jun 2004, 11:38
Not only 600 Hours a year but I've heard on the grapevine that it's single crew and into Europe :ugh:

That's earning money the hard way:(

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
26th Jun 2004, 19:06
rara avis - maybe u think its hard work - i'd rip there arms off for the job !

if only i had FAA CPL/IR instead of JAA cpl/ir an a FAA ppl !

oh well ..........

G-SPOTs Lost
26th Jun 2004, 19:25
Single Crew???

Bravo weighs 15000lb, thats 2500lb too much me thinks... :uhoh:

Blu2
26th Jun 2004, 20:59
Almost definately Raven Air, have just seen the job advertised in Flight (have signed up and they e-mail you all the latest jobs).

Chilli Monster
27th Jun 2004, 07:05
G-SPOT's lost

There is a single crew 'waiver' on the I, II, Bravo and Ultra depending on the type of operation and level of equipment. This wil be reflected in the pilots training and qualification.

Autopilot unservicability is the only time the waiver is unable to be used.

KitKatPacificuk
27th Jun 2004, 22:47
The ad says Capt and F/O's. So maybe not single crew!

jrsanch
30th Jun 2004, 01:50
Wonder if they would consider expats on this one,
I am FAA licensed and experienced in C550's,
But are they "N" registered??? Are they 135 operation???

Chilli Monster
30th Jun 2004, 09:10
Depends - do you have right of abode / right to work in the EU?

If not it's probably a non-starter.

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
30th Jun 2004, 17:45
out of interest does anybody know the requirements t oconvert a JAA CPL/IR frozen atpl to the FAA version ?

sam white
30th Jun 2004, 18:24
I belive it is an air law exam and a flight test, if CPL and IR flight test can be carried out as one- Training as required rings a bell.

I am considering it myself.

Chilli Monster
30th Jun 2004, 19:27
CPL and IR flight test can (and often are) carried out as one - did mine in April.

Exams are multi choice, 60 questions / 2 1/2 hour Instrument, 100 questions / 3 hour Commercial. (You don't need the whole time honestly). 70% pass mark each.

It's the oral before the flight test that can be a toughie - it can last over 2 hours. Again, if you know your stuff you'll get through.

rara avis
13th Jul 2004, 17:04
Has anyone applied for this? The job I mean. I'm interested in knowing when they are interviewing and if you've been for an interview what T&C's and pay they're offering.