PDA

View Full Version : Basing in Russia and/or Ukraine

His dudeness
24th Jun 2004, 20:11
Anyone based or was based in Russia and or Ukraine as a westerner ? Beeing offered a positon there, iīd like to know more...how is life there ? What about the price of living (canīt be that expensive ?), housing etc.?
The Job would be on a Western reg A/C but mostly eastern clients...

wigwag
25th Jun 2004, 14:41
Have travelled quite extensively through Russia and people great, so very friendly.Been trying to get a job out there for ages , but ho hum.

Cost of living is low but mocba can be a wee bit pricey. Just the usual things to watch out for as you would with any city in terms of personal security. Always have us dollars on you comes in handy a times.

Hope you have fun

fly safe

:ok:

Bumz_Rush
26th Jun 2004, 06:36
I have been trying to get back to being Moscow based, (corporate). been there several years, either in a Russian appartment. great fun, or in Marriott hotel, also great fun. Mocba, is as mentioned potentially expensive, but go local, and you will have a ball.....Ukraine is very much like Russia, the one or two big cities are similar, so Kiev is a fantastic place to be based. but a small town on the northern border, is best called GRIM.
The girls are the most friendly in the world. I am told the McD just off Victory Sq, in the centr of Kiev, has a 100% pick up rate.
The flying is great, always interesting, and if Moscow based, very easy.
I am pleased for you, and wish I was there.....Bumz

Bumz_Rush
28th Jun 2004, 08:03
The address is c/o Hungry Duck. Moscow.

Bit like father christmas, needs no ZIP code to get there.....

bumz is good toooooo.