PDA

View Full Version : Physics for Qantas

tom19
24th Jun 2004, 12:52
Just Wondering where it is is possible to do year 12 physics as it is a requirement for Qantas??

Fly Jimmy
24th Jun 2004, 12:58
tafe. good luck dumbo

el_capitano
24th Jun 2004, 13:10
Hello tim19,

There is a guy in Brisbane by the name of Dr.Steven Holding, he runs Physics courses that are an approved equivalent to the HSC for entry into QF.

Check your PM's

Howard Hughes
24th Jun 2004, 21:11
Try Charles Darwin University in Darwin. They run a correspondence course that is recognised by QANTAS, starts in July, so better get in quick!!
Its a tad on the expensive side though at around $8. :D

Hope this helps, Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Big Kev
24th Jun 2004, 22:04
I recently did a QF prep course with Dr Steve Holding and he is excellent at preparing you quickly and I guess somewhat thouroughly. He is very patient and gives you stacks of great notes and questions (with answers) that will have you busy for the next month or so. He may be a tad expensive but hey - whatever it takes right.

caltexvb
25th Jun 2004, 03:00
Did a Qantas approved course with University of Central Queensland (or something like that) based in Rockhampton or Townsville (I think.) For about $70 or so the teacher sends you a small text book with 6 chapters which you then study, complete an assignment at the end of each and mail back for marking. On completion of the text book you find an "approved person" to supervise an open book exam which is posted in the mail. For someone who was not exactly a great student at school I did very well at the end. Working full time I knocked the course over in about 3 weeks. Good Luck.

pantyripper
25th Jun 2004, 10:43
What about the english?? Anyone got any better ideas other than the Queensland TAFE??

Poita
27th Jun 2004, 18:24
I did a Maths course with Dr. Steve Holding in Brissy a year or two ago and have no complaints. I recomend him. His courses are approved by Qantas and the defence forces...

Howard Hughes
27th Jun 2004, 23:44
Mr Ripper of Panties,

Charles Darwin University also does English and Maths, as well as Physics. These are all accepted by Qantas. Good luck.

Cheers, HH.

Stringbean
28th Jun 2004, 07:04
Does CDU cover cadet or DE or both?
I am led to believe that they are going to have different requirements this year for those interested in cadet.

Howard Hughes
28th Jun 2004, 07:21
Sorry Stringbean,

The information sheet I have from QANTAS, says that these courses cover you for direct entry.

Cheers, HH.

Hornet_26
28th Jun 2004, 08:41
Does anyone know where I can find some information on the courses that Dr Steve Holding offers?

Thanks

*Lancer*
29th Jun 2004, 06:24
Have heard hearsay in the past suggesting some courses don't necessarily cover both DE/Cadet, but looking at the website doesnt seem to differentiate either way.

Your best bet is to ring up recruiting, becuase they can give you a more accurate and reliable answer than anything you'll read on PPRuNe!

mr anderson
30th Jun 2004, 09:52
Why would you want to work for Qantas anyway!!!!:yuk:

Waste Gate
30th Jun 2004, 14:02
Why would you want to work for Qantas anyway!!!!

. . . . . Maybe to keep occupied while awaiting that elusive C206 job in a community somewhere. . . . .??!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

James Bigglesworth
1st Jul 2004, 10:32
Hey Howard,

Can you post a little more info on the CDU courses ? I've just spent ten minutes going around in circles on their website and I'm bored with that now....

Do you know if the ADF accept it ?

When did NTU become CDU ?

Any info appreciated - thanks...

JB :ok: