PDA

View Full Version : Avondale College-School of Aviation

tom19
24th Jun 2004, 12:31
Hey Guys,

I'm presently studying at Avondale College School of Aviation at Cooranbong near Sydney on the NSW central coast doing a 1 year Diploma of Aviation including CPL, NVFR, MECIR, ATPL, CRM and Multicrew.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that may want to share their views and comments on this training school. Has anyone studied or done any flying training at this organisation? If so I would like to know how you found the school or what you did after to get your first job and what you're doing now?

Any other comments or statements about this flying school?

Thanks for your input guys.

Tom.

Fly Jimmy
25th Jun 2004, 08:56
looks like no one wants to talk to you tommy
too bad !!!

defiant
28th Jun 2004, 08:59
Hey Tom,

I obtained my PPL , CPL & MECIR at the above mentioned school, was not too bad a school to learn at, provided like any flying school you choose an instructor that works well to teach to YOU.

There are a couple of quality instructors there, unfortunatley the previous CFI has left, he was an excellent instructor/pilot & I learnt a great deal from him.

Prospects of picking up a job with the said flying school are extremely minimal. They dont have a huge student base so instructing for them isnt very likely. They also dont run too many commercial ops. So looking elsewhere would b your best bet.

It is in an excellent area for your CIR, as it is just south of Williamtown with an ILS, and YPEC nearby with an NDB.

Anyway, enjoy your flying. Any more specific queries private message me and i will be happy to answer them.

Cheers,
Defiant.

geeup
2nd Jul 2004, 01:05
I also went to the same flying school. Its a great shame the old CFI has moved on as he was a great instructor.
As for the chance of obtain work off them i would say is almost impossible unless your an SDA.
I found work after leaving the college however with no help from them what so ever. Just another case of thanks for your money seeya later and good luck!
I would advise you look else where, to a place that will help with employement and better value for money

152passenger
3rd Jul 2004, 10:54
I know of guys that have completed training and obtained work at the school that are non SDA. It is a school that only has a few instructors and doesnt turn them over very often with most being there for a number of years thus leading to not many jobs. Over the past few years most guys that are willing to put in the hard work and have the right attitude to succeed in this industry have gained employment. It may not have the contacts in the industry that some other schools have but as a training organisation it is very proffesional and a good outfit to train with. I think no matter where you train shutup put in the hard work and then fight like hell until you get where you want to go and the jobs will be there.

defiant
8th Jul 2004, 01:06
152Passenger .... Where you trained at this school or just 'knew' some people who trained at this organisation? Just curious to see why you defend the said organisation so vermently?

Defiant.

utedrivingpilot
8th Jul 2004, 10:15
hey tom, i did some flying there whenthey had the newcastle uni contract and it was a great flying school back then however yes unless you are an SDA chances of getting a job where slim. ****** was a great CFI and i fould all the staff helpful could you let me know who is instructing there now..is C*** still there??

How would you like your name up in lights, in PPRuNe? :*

Can you guys please PM if you want to exchange personals?

Woomera