View Full Version : Atpl Results

Echo T
23rd Jun 2004, 12:21
Anyone received there results yet?

E.T

Jinkster
23rd Jun 2004, 17:29
Hi ET.

No results here - should be out I am guessing by the end of the week.

Jinkster :rolleyes:

little-paddy
23rd Jun 2004, 18:01
Normally they are out on the Thursday 2 weeks later. So that makes it tomorrow morning.

Can't wait :ugh:

Good luck to all. Hopefully this will be the last sitting!!!!

L-P

muppethead
24th Jun 2004, 08:55
Got mine this morning.:D :D

Passed all apart from Performance (one question):mad:
Very happy muppet indeed!!

Good luck to the rest of you all.

Mr Muppethead:ok:

Send Clowns
24th Jun 2004, 09:54
Our students mostly got them this morning, if they have had access to the post or had them sent here. Well done people!

Echo T
24th Jun 2004, 14:16
HEY JINKSTER!!!!

WELL DONE ON GETTING YOUR ATPL'S

YOU DESERVED IT!!! and all you other people who have passed

E.T

YYZ
24th Jun 2004, 15:54
Jumping the gun aren’t we ET, Jinkster has not posted yet

Fingers crossed:uhoh:

Echo T
24th Jun 2004, 22:18
Hey YYZ

i spoke to him earlier on today

E.T

Jinkster
24th Jun 2004, 22:22
ET is correct,

Finally passed them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it can be done with hard work and determination

Jinkster

Send Clowns
25th Jun 2004, 08:48
Any more happy people out there? If it's anything like it is here then the exams seem finally to be getting settled into the high pass rates we should be expecting. Well done jinks and any others who are finally looking forward to flying without worry of exams hanging over them :)

LoopGuru
25th Jun 2004, 09:02
I'd just like to publicly thank Jinkster and Keith Williams for their assistance in helping me to pass the JAA Performance paper.

I doubt I could have achieved a first-time pass without their help.

Thank you and good luck to all my fellow Wanabees. :ok:

LoopGuru

Chintito
25th Jun 2004, 13:42
i got my results today. always thought G Nav and Perf were gonna prove my achilles heel. thankfully, with great support from some guys on here i got through them on my second attempt.

Id also like to extend my thanks to the likes of Send Clowns, Alex Whittingham and Keith Williams to name a few whove helped me get through this last year or so of ATPL hell.

now the fun begins.

IndiaAlphaLima
25th Jun 2004, 15:44
Recieved my results yeaterday morning. I got all seven of my second set. This only leaves me law which i'm sitting on the 8th July. What can I say send clowns? 88% on Gen nav! Like there was any doubt. Still I must admit I nearly had a breakdown the week before. So it's almost over and the warmer weather beckons. Now if I could just get Law done... :cool:

Send Clowns
25th Jun 2004, 19:35
:) Good one Chintito! Well done, enjoy the flying and best of luck :ok:

mattd2k
26th Jun 2004, 12:22
Well the Saturday post has been and gone and still no results!

:mad: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!:mad:

This waiting is killing me :{

Is anybody else in the same boat, has anyone from BGS got their results or is it just me the postman doesn't like?

MD2K

ATP_Al
26th Jun 2004, 16:06
First 7 out of the way, 93% average so far!

I've just got to do it all again now.....and I don't even get a week off!

Well done everyone!

Al

topper2
26th Jun 2004, 16:08
I did mine with BGS and my results arrived on Thursday! A couple of other people don't seem to have received theirs either though. Not sure whats going on :confused: Hang on in there it can't be too long now

mattd2k
28th Jun 2004, 20:50
Is anyone else in the same boat as me or does my postie just have a personal vendeta against me? I still have not received my results and the agony is more than I can bear!

:mad: CAA :mad: Royal Mail

MD2K

Ninety-Nines
28th Jun 2004, 23:08
Have you spoken to the school - you must have been at FL base when I was and all our exam results arrived at the school last Thursday. Check with them as they will be able to track it down....

Good luck

R E Darse
29th Jun 2004, 16:08
Planning for the future a little but.......

I will be attend the crammer at BGS shortly. I only live in Bristol, but am not sure on the make up of the two weeks.

Is is dawn till dusk 7/7 rendering the 2 1/2 hours daily travelling impossible, or is there scope to commute?

Thoughts and advice from previous BGS crammers welcome.

GuinnessQueen
29th Jun 2004, 17:03
R E Darse, Can't PM you as it seems blocked.

I commuted from North Bristol (Filton) for Mod 1 when they were still based at Lulsgate. The days are long enough with the groundschool and then the past papers in the evening. It was taking me about 45mins each way and for the whole two weeks this was the only 'chill-out' time I had (never thought I would say that about Bristol traffic)!

Whether you commute or stay over, the workload on the course is great. I got a little behind on the past papers during the week, but then caught up at the weekends. Just be prepared for a lifestyle of sleeping - driving - studying and eating cornflakes (you won't have time to cook anything)!!

Enjoy!

GQ

no sponsor
30th Jun 2004, 09:32
The BGS is hard work, and there is a seeming infinite number of feedback questions, exam papers, etc to do each evening. I guess I must have worked 4-5 hrs in the evening after the 9-5 at the school. I worked right through Saturday and Sunday in the middle weekend. I still didn't complete all of the stuff I was given.

When I drove home to my digs, I sometimes wished I had a little further to drive to put off the inevitable work that evening.

Mosspigs
30th Jun 2004, 10:58
Following on from Redarse's post.

When completing the crammers, do you blitz a subject during the day and then work on the past papers that evening or does something completely different happen?

I ask as I want to aim off as accurately as possible.

Cheers

no sponsor
30th Jun 2004, 11:39
The timetable for BSG splits each day into at least 2 subjects, sometimes three. The first week is spent going over the syllabus, the second week tackling exam papers, or for some of the bigger subjects, continuing with the syllabus. At the bitter end of the 2 weeks, it's constant exams/feedback etc.

For the more complex subjects, Instruments, Gen Nav, etc feedback papers are given for each syllabus area each day, and you are supposed to take those home, work through them, and have a de-brief in the classroom for areas you found tricky the following day. For the easier ones, you just get given exam papers from day 1 along with a quick syllabus revision.

If you want to prepare, get to know the wizz wheel inside out, and make sure you are familiar with plotting on charts etc for Gen Nav. For instruments, learn the gyro axis for each instrument, and the errors associated with each instrument, know how autopilots work, and be familiar with TCAS. For Met, understand how air masses move and why, what fronts look like and their composition. The Oxford CD is very good refresher prior to the excellent Ken from BGS who will make climatology sound easy. Worry about Human Perf, VFR/IFR comms while on the course - just do the feedback before the exams and you'll be OK. They will sort you out for Mass and Balance, Flight planning while you are there, so you don't have to worry about those until you start the course. They have excellent tips on completing Flight Planning exam within the three hours, and if you do the practice exams you should be OK.

Mosspigs
2nd Jul 2004, 12:26
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The advice and the guidance is heeded and most settling.

Kind Regards

Mosspigs