PDA

View Full Version : What do you carry in your day bag?

Miss Pam Ann
23rd Jun 2004, 09:43
Just a bit of entertainment in the light of some negatives happening within our industry at the moment....
I am wondering what every other Cabin Crew member carries in their day bags (I seriously don't wanna know about the overnight bags :E )

I am looking now....in order of importance....

1. Hair wax
2. Nice fragrant smellys
3. The "token" makeup bag
4. "Brite Eyes" eye drops
5. Tooth whitener
6. Deo.
7. Face mist
8. Soap leaf paper...for when there's no soap!
9. Ooooops just found more fragrant smellys!
10. Interesting bits and pieces of paper to put in my A4 clear plastic sleeves as it makes me look like a very professional flight attendant....of course!

AND YOUUUUUUUUUUU???
;) ;) ;)

MISS PAMela ANNderson....xxx :ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

Flying_Sarah747
23rd Jun 2004, 12:56
Well mine is really boring compared to you guys!!!

1. Make up case/perfume/toiletries etc.
2. PA book
3. Duty free money etc.
4. Cabin shoes
5. Gillet (In flight jacket thingy we have to wear)

ShesGreatintheGalley
23rd Jun 2004, 14:07
oh gosh... thank god they have given us wheelie bags instead of small handbags thats all i can say!

*Diary/photoalbum/place to stuff all bits of paper (read:important memos from company)

*makeup/toiletry bag also includes my own personal physicians kit containing berocca, sudafed, antibiotics, nose spray, face spray, ear spray, paracetamol handwipes, naprogesic, sewing kit and god knows what else... i will never be stuck somewhere and be in need of medication again!!!

*change of underwear, jeans and t-shirt or suitable hotel bar attire (our new company policy is to 'be prepared for unscheduled overnights'. Thats prob their way of saying "we wont roster them but if it works out cheaper we will be overnighting instead of sending you home")

*Tea bags, Soup Sachets and my mug.. (dont use the disgusting hotel ones and our onboard paper mugs just arnt my style!)

*Book (for those 25 min turnarounds)
*spare pair of hoisery. for the 'just in case'
*Hi Vis Vest
*other irrelevant things such as money, etc

sinala1
24th Jun 2004, 00:17
Mines probably a bit boring, but here goes:

- Operations Manual (humph bloody heavy thing, we are required to carry it)
- First Aid book (you'd be surprised what happens, I referred to it one day when pax had a blocked Urinal Cathetor!)
- Man, by Rochas (mmm Vanilla Cologne)
- Float
- Crew bag tags
- A plethora of hotel pens and notepads
- Standard flight attendant survival kit (berocca, aspro, sudafed, panadol rapid, condoms, greenseas foil tuna pack, plastic knife and fork pack for those stupid hotels that feel providing cutlery for you would be beyond their reach, green tea, nasal anti-decongestant)
- Digital Camera (ALWAYS handy)

Have you guys ever done the drug swap in the galley? "OOhhh what you got there - is that the new strength panadol? I will swap you 1 of those for 2 of my sudafed" You get visions of cabin crew in the rear galley chopping up their assorted pain killers and snorting them off the galley bench :eek: :sad:

QF skywalker
24th Jun 2004, 03:23
For such a neat person I embarass myself when I open up my day bag in front of people !

* Green Tea with a hint of jasmin
* Disposable Razor kit
* 2 x deodarant ( I get sick of the same smell )
* Nasal sprays, panadol, sudafed, lip balm x 2 , face mist
* Moisturiser
* Book
* Camera
* Tissues
* Fragrances get rotated ! Generally Armani Mania, Issey, Clinque happy for men
* First Aid Book ( handy for solo flight attendants ! )
* Company Memo's
* Spare uniform shirt
* 2min noodles - the ones that come in a bowl
* Pens
* Multi Vitamin
* Copy of roster
* PA book
* Hi Vis vest

My bag is like a 7-11 !

Mr Seatback 2
24th Jun 2004, 04:33
Qf Skywalker - you'll have to ditch that First Aid book honey - no solo flying where YOU'RE going! LOL!

My day bag contains a number of items, such as:
* Manual
* Wet pack (containing deodorant, toothbrush, hair gel, brush, and assorted spare items to cover other crew should we have an unscheduled overnight - guess we're dividing up our goodies in that event She's Great In the Galley!)
* Hi Vis Vest
* Travel lollies (for that much needed sugar burst after feral flights)
* Mini First Aid Kit (antibiotics, demazin (much better than sudafed I find), panamax, banadages, etc)
* mobile, keys, wallet
* In Flight Wet Pack (for those inflight grooming emergencies - such as dry hands, bad breath, BO, stray hairs, dry lips)
* Horoscope guide (for the next time Ditz and I operate and the door gets ripped off the aircraft, eh Qwannas??)

No wonder the bloody thing is so heavy!

Miss Pam Ann
24th Jun 2004, 07:30
After having to rummage thru my day-bag, I forgot about the zipper and what was lurking under there.....lemme see now...

* several spare pairs of nylons (picked up in bulk from the DJ's half yearly clearance of course!)

* some little tester fragrant smelly I got from the Estee Lauder counter...mmmmmm.....forgot that was there.

* errrrrrrrr...."Dangerous Goods" little handy booklet thingy....good job I haven't had a "spill"....didn't know where the book was!!!

*toothbrush/toothpaste

* oooowerrrrrr....another gorgeous little Clarins Face Mask sample tube thingy.......I am sure this is my bag!

:ooh: :ooh: :ooh: ...ahhhhem...ummmmm....spare knickers...mmmmmm, was wondering where they got too!

Tomorrow...I might have a little look in those other secret pockets.

Miss Pam Ann xxx

.....here to save your ass honey.....not kiss it..... :E

QF skywalker
24th Jun 2004, 10:02
I forgot to mention my most important item in my day bag !

toothpaste and toothbrush !

A very wise f/a taught me that whenever you are having a bad flight to go brush your teeth and you will feel better ! I have done this ever since and it works ! ;)

ShesGreatintheGalley
24th Jun 2004, 12:00
A very wise f/a taught me that whenever you are having a bad flight to go brush your teeth and you will feel better !
I lock myself in the toilet and pluck my eyebrows instead.
I fogot to add before that my ergonomic tweezers also live in my day bag... those lav mirrors are brilliant for discovering rogue hairs!

qfmike737
24th Jun 2004, 16:12
When I was a cabin attendant back at QLD rail I used to have all the usual stuff everyone else seems to carry but I also kept 'sanity packs'

These consisted of an Mp3 player and the latest magazines everything from Wheels to BRW and from Hello to People. - I know how sad!!! but arnt they just FAB for when you have a minute to kill???

I always carry my little shrek gingerbread man. I seem to have endless fun breaking his little leg on and off.

Q-Tee
25th Jun 2004, 08:53
Gosh mine is very uncomplicated ...

1x bottle of 'emergency' French Champagne
1x Pkt Stillnox
1x Tube Barocca
1x wrinkled pkt ciggies
1x pkt sudafed
1x lippie (earth red)
1x spare pair of knickers (in case of loss of original pair)

All a girl needs really ;)

:p :} :p :}

QF skywalker
25th Jun 2004, 10:18
ok someone fill me in - everyone else seems to be carrying this " stillnox " medicaton but me ! what is it !

biccy chucker, Q-tee - fill me in !

ozskipper
25th Jun 2004, 10:18
Whats stillnox? I've seen it posted a few times, but I've no idea...

Edited: "Snap" - it seems Qf Skywalker and I have the same idea at the same time!!

Q-Tee
25th Jun 2004, 10:58
Guys ... Stillnox is the latest in sleeping tabs .... non-addictive prescription thingies ..... essential for any jet-slagged longhaul crew member..... I cant see why shorthaul peeps may want them .... but they are 'dreamy' ;)

galley-wench22
25th Jun 2004, 13:04
Please check your private messages Miss Pam Ann.

:O

Honeytruck
25th Jun 2004, 23:05
While we're asking, what is Barocca?? Tell me quick, cos I've ordered a job lot on the strength of these posts...

ozangel
25th Jun 2004, 23:27
Hmm...

PA Book
Emergency Manual
Cheese, Biscuits, Snickers, and mini apple juice on a styrfoam tray wrapped in plastic.... um, ahem!! (lunch)
12 Taxi Reciepts
A Shell car wash discount card
A Map of Europe??
Betadine sore throat gargle
Listermint breath freshener thingies
Spare Fossil watch
Cold and flu tablets
Panamax (strong panadol)
tablets which help when you get food poisoning ;)
Domestic carpark card
Intl carpark card
Asic
Guess sunglasses
Shu-Glow (polish)
dermalogica climate controll (skin stuff)
Aveda Skin Firming and toning agent
Passport

Now the embarrasing part.
Estee Lauder Pleasures for men (sample size)
Ralph Lauren Romance
Joop for men
Mont Blanc Indiveduel
CK Eternity
Hugo Boss baldessarini (small)
Hugo Boss Dark Blue
Bundaberg Black (1125ml)
1 shot glass.
Coverup.

Yes, my bag does weigh a tonne, and yes all the perfume does jingle as I walk through the terminal, making me sound like a bottleshop in an earthquake.

ozskipper
26th Jun 2004, 02:43
I'll give you a tip. Alcodol works much better than Berroca for hang overs. 2 before you go drinking and 2 when you finish - no hang over next morning!

Mind you, I find a tactical barf can also help! :yuk: (Yes, eww I know but hey!)...

Are stillnox available in Australia?

qfmike737
26th Jun 2004, 10:24
Fokker Me

Oh my god darls you need to get with the times....

I mean seriously Estee Lauder Beautiful? Like Eeeeeeeeeeew

As for that Hugo Boss? They seriously need to go...you seriously dont want to be stinking out the cabin with that? I'd rather smell a flight attendant crop dusting or crack a bottle of nil odour. Even Eau De TOILET! smells better!

For someone who always gets to do duty free shopping I am ashamed!

(The Eternity is fine though sweets)

ozangel
26th Jun 2004, 10:30
I know one flight attendant whose day bag includes

garbage bags
scourer
nil odor
chux superwipes...

Actually, i did carry a bottle of nilodor... but it was for my car.

SydGirl
26th Jun 2004, 11:19
I just emptied mine out so I know exactly what was in it..

* Makeup Bag - containing lippie, lip balm and powder (to "touch
up before you touch down")

* Mini First Aid Kit - mini because it only contains band aids and brenclears (all other medications have been long since used)

* 2 pairs of pantihose

* Purse containing about a dollar all in 5 cent pieces

* Diary

* About 30 pens from various hotels

* Remnants of crew meals (choccies mostly, and some muesli bars)

* EBA Book

SG
:}

qfmike737
27th Jun 2004, 04:26
Actually Fokker me you forgot to mention that this "International Flight Attendant" ALSO carries in their 'Pan Am' day bag...

An Mp3 player including 'take me to the clouds above'
3G Videophone (which either has a crap network or bad reception)
Nokia 7650 for happy plane spotting
Motorola UHF radio to have a nice afternoon chit chat with Poko
Spare key to the white trusty 8 seater 'limousine' (chauffered with Entourage) LOL
1 spare key for a Truck!
Knife - Believe it or not!
Small toolbox
A sample of Creed Royal Water - from a large source! (epitomy of Eau de parfum! let me know if you can find that stuff!)
Trusty 24hr Rexona LOL!!!
Billabong Beanie
First Aid kit
First Aid book
High Vis Vest - thats not really high vis anymore because of stains
Ear Muffs (with holes)

Not just rags/garbage bags/spray bottles...I mean HELLO!

ozangel
27th Jun 2004, 10:05
qfmike...

What ARE you on about???

qfmike737
27th Jun 2004, 10:58
*winks* fokker

I thought we only had one ditzyboy haha!

galley-wench22
27th Jun 2004, 15:50
In my trolly bag you can find the following:

High Viz Jacket
Ear Defenders (compact type)
Vaseline
Black leather gloves
Passport + Vaccination Record
Vicks Sinex
Loads of paperwork
Float
Safety Manual
Ibuprofen
Hand cream
Ice tongs
large spoon
Hand tally counter thingy
Calculator
Paul Smith Extreme
Emporio Armani He
DKNY for Him
FCUK body spray
anti persperant roll on
Lint roller
Razor
Shave foam
Shampoo
Shower gel
Hair Wax
Spare Shirt + Tie
1 x Civies outfit/Clean Pants
Tooth Brush + Paste

I think thats everything!
:O

flybywire
28th Jun 2004, 01:51
I have opened my day crew bag to check what is in there and i have to say i am surprised by the number of things that are in it!!!

Let's see...

*SEP manual (heavy)
*PA book
*cabin services manual
*oven gloves
*sickbags
*galley keys
*cash wallet with float
*bottle opener, ice tongs, stapler, calculator (brand new, never used)
*apron
*cabin shoes
*spare tights
*High Vis jacket
*safety staff notices
*airline magazine for boring dead-heading trips
*make up
*deodorant
*hair brush
*Dolce&Gabbana light blue
*pictures of my cats and of my boyfriend
*copies of my current roster, next month's and my boyfriend's
*IFE guide
*Face and hand creams
*uniform fleece for those long (and cold) flights
*eglish-arabic dictionary (!! that's why i couldn't find it anymore!!!)
*tea bags, sugar, fruit
*motion-sickness chewing gums, paracetamolo, aspirin
*thermometer
*plasters
*motilex tablets
*camera

My god, that's why it's so heavy!!!
:} :ugh: :\ :E :rolleyes:

flytheplanemay
28th Jun 2004, 07:45
Hee hee, I have what I call 'just in case' supplies:

Knickers, just in case suitcase doesn't arrive
Make up, just in case I leave my usual makeup at home when getting ready in a hurry
Pens, pens and pens, just in case, actually, not just in case, because I know pax never travel with a pen
Cheap camera with film, just in case someone famous is on one of my flights

Everything else is just standard: face spray, toothbrush, deoderant, perfume, hand cream, service gear, manual and other bits of junk which i dont want to take out just in case...

Happy flying!

Miss Pam Ann
28th Jun 2004, 12:39
Galley Wench!

Check PM's babe :ok:

Miss Pam Ann xxx

Jeepers creepers Flybywire!

Sounds like your contents could be a department store half yearly clearance sale luv!!!

Oven mits and ice tongs.....lordy....the mind boggles ;) ;) ;)

Excuse my ignorance....but what are Molinex....ooops, I mean Motilex tabs hun ??? (geeeeez have another drink Miss PA!)

I am soooooooo delighted...I thought my bag wuz heavy....I am beginning to wonder now, maybe Miss Pam Ann needs to do a lil more shopping for thingies for the bag!

Luv to all..

MISS PAM ANN ;) ;) ;)

........ here to save your ass honey...not :mad: kiss it....

ShesGreatintheGalley
28th Jun 2004, 13:59
I was meaning to ask... why does everyone carry around oven gloves and ice tongs?

flybywire
28th Jun 2004, 14:16
Ice tongs and Oven gloves.....i don't know at other airlines, but FCA don't provide you with the above so you have to carry them yourself!!! :)

Miss Pam Ann....motilex tablets are for stomach upset....very good in case of food poisoning, if you know what I mean....when you get that lovely crew food that has that particular taste... :yuk:
God they've saved my life in a few occasions!!!!!!!
:E :E :E

God, you're right!! I could sell some of that stuff and buy myself a nice new crew bag....to fill again with lots of rubbish!!! ;););)

galley-wench22
29th Jun 2004, 09:55
You got mail Miss Pam Ann!!

PAXboy
29th Jun 2004, 15:59
Ice tongs and Oven gloves..... I don't know at other airlines, but FCA don't provide you with the above so you have to carry them yourself!!! Thank goodness for that information. I was imagining that you folks all get so hot when down route, that you need to use oven gloves. ;)

The only explanation for the Ice Tongs was that, there are some things that you will only handle (Ahem! Ahem!) with tongs to keep them at more than arm's length. Dear, oh dear, how could I have thought such a thing of you dear cabin crew? :}

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Miss Pam Ann
30th Jun 2004, 12:15
U got mail too Galley Wench :)

Miss Pam Ann x