PDA

View Full Version : "Heavy Drivers" Whats the problem?

AIRCAB
23rd Jun 2004, 03:32
I cant help but notice all of the bitching / Slandering that goes on between the pilots of the bigger airlines. Why do you guys/gals take things so personal, and so against each other. Do you guys show this hostility in the air or on the tarmac i.e cut each other off or push in to piss each other off or not assisting each other when needed.

I always thought because we shared the same passion we were on the same side at the end of the day.:confused:

Cactus Jack
23rd Jun 2004, 03:42
You would hope so, wouldn't you Aircab? And in fact, I think that outside of Pprune it generally is the case.

We (QF) stay at at few of the pubs that the DJ guys and gals stay at and I must say that things are always very cordial between the two groups. Hope it stays that way.

The J* guys tend to slink away, but after some of the bagging they cop on this forum it's hardly surprising. Maybe the future integration will pull down some of those barriers.

There is more to life than just pprune. This place just attracts the lunatic fringe.

slice
23rd Jun 2004, 04:16
But Cactus there are fringes beyond this fringe and the're called

www.agacf.org

and

www.bindook.com

man they are out there!!!:O

Chuck Magutzup
23rd Jun 2004, 09:04
Cactus, when you state lunatic fringe, I assume that you are referring to Kraptin, adama etc.

And are you suggesting that the Jetscabs don't deserve a bagging? Because the truth DOES hurt. They ARE rejects. They are working for slave pay. They have undermined our industry with their underhanded behaviour. They don't get the half of what they deserve.

Chuck, you are yet to contribute anything positive to PPRuNe. You've made it quite clear that you have an agenda against Jetstar.

Take it to Qrewroom under your real name and see how long you last. Yes, I do have access. How impartial is that?

Chuck, until such time as you offer me an undertaking to mellow out, you and any of your re-incarnates will be banned.

Woomera (Eastern States)

Big Jan
23rd Jun 2004, 10:29
I can't say I have ever slunk away anywhere.
I have had many cordial conversations with Q mainline crew whether it was on international or domestic and have never had any negative comments from anyone.As a matter of fact every mainline crew member I have passed and given a smile and a nod to has reciprocated.Those of you who persist on making disparaging comments about people you don't know are definately in the minority.Qantas has 2200 or so pilots and maybe four or five feel they have to make stupid remarks, so that certainly represents about .002% or f@rk all !
You don't represent the majority of wonderful people out there who represent the same industry as I do.
Trying to brand people as scabs and rejects is just slinging mud and shows how desparate w@nkers like you are chuck, prop and fellow mastabatorial enthusiasts( I made that word up and its a beauty).
For the record yes I do work for Jetstar, No I was not rejected by Qantas or Ansett or Virgin and yes I do have all the min requirements for each company.

AIRCAB
23rd Jun 2004, 23:24
Hmmmm ...ok chuck:cool:

As i was saying..:hmm:

This is just my point I cant understand why fellow pilots have such Animosity against Pilots/Companys. I would of thought we wanted more airlines to create more jobs, within reason of course.

Cactus Jack
24th Jun 2004, 04:37
Well, Chuck, clearly you can't reply, but if the shoe fits!

Woomera, I do feel inclined to point out one thing here WRT your comments to Chuck. If you access Qrewroom, then you will realise that you simply cannot speak your mind on that forum. I know of people who have been threatened physically, both themselves and their family, for expressing a view. If it is a controversial one - I know I would keep it to myself rather than have my family cop death threats. Vilification at work, threats of violence - it just aint worth it.

I'm not saying Chuck was right or wrong. I am saying if I were Chuck, I wouldn't be posting my views there.

Well, Jack, why should we tollerate his unfounded and unjustified villification of other aviation professionals and airlines here on PPRuNe?

Annonynimity does not give one the right to slander other PPRuNe users and fellow professionals!

Another Woomera

DutchRoll
24th Jun 2004, 05:51
I second BJ's comments.

BJ, being a QF mainline person myself, I have to say that I've never had any problems with the guys flying Qlink. In fact, a while ago I had a particularly difficult time staff travelling to and from a destination only served by Qlink (& now only J* of course) and bloody hell the guys up front looked after me with a jumpseat both ways and couldn't have been more helpful. I never would've made there or back otherwise. Hats off to ya.

Edit: I would hope that my compatriots in mainline would return the favour if at all possible, as I certainly would.

I also second CJ's comments regarding Qrewroom, unfortunately.

Cactus Jack
24th Jun 2004, 18:56
Woomera, I don't recall saying that you should tolerate CM's comments. And yours were just a little aggressive in my direction, thank you.

My point was simple - it is impossible to post on qrewroom without some sort of comeback, ranging from vilification to death threats. Without justifying CM's comments or saying that he should be able to post anything here, YOU should realise that for this reason PPRUNE will attract the lunatic fringe.

It is an indictment of the QF organisation that individuals face such action for merely voicing their opinion, but thats the world we live in.

commander adama
24th Jun 2004, 22:30
Cactus Jack

You have got to be joking. Hats off to you Woomera. I'm all for free speach. But this embicile Chuck is a total embarrasment to the profession.

Capt Claret
24th Jun 2004, 22:58
Cactus

If it's true that posts on Qrewroom can result in villification or death threats, and one assumed that Qrewroom access is restricted to QF and subsidiary employees only, what the hell does this say about some of the said employees.

Some of whom it seems then post here on PPRuNe denigrating those who don't work of QF as failures. If this allegation is true it makes one think twice now about flying QF, and their fitness to be at the controls of an aircraft! :\

Kaptin M
24th Jun 2004, 23:40
:uhoh:DEATH THREATS in Q-room:uhoh:

Is that really true??? (Where's suspect #1...Chuckma??)

Cactus Jack
25th Jun 2004, 21:11
Claret. You need to take my comments in perspective. Remember, this is a minority, and a tiny minority at that. You can't bag all QF pilots simply because of the actions of one or two. Don't blow this out of proportion.

Adama. What exactly do you think that I might be joking about? Remember - there is an Impulse forum on Qrewroom too. You guys are included in this. You risk just the same as everyone else.

Kapt. I think if you look closely, Chuck has been banned. Either thats a good thing, or it's a blow for freedom of speech. Depends on your view I guess.

Rind Skin
25th Jun 2004, 23:23
DEATH THREATS in Qrew-room??? or whatever it's called???

FUUUUUU-COOOOOOOUGH....!!!!!!

As if I'd ever take seriously a "death-threat" posted on the internet by a bitching, whinging, fat-arsed skinny-armed airline pilot ****-***ker who wouldn't even know how to fight his way out of awet paper bag.

Death threats. HAHAHA... Don't make me f***ing laugh. Who are these absolute LOSERS. The mafia??? what a bunch of complete tossers........

spose I should edit those F-doing-words out

Yes, and you're acting like a two year old. Your posts are not exactly literary masterpieces!

Time for you to take a break from PPRuNe .... whilst you sober up!

Woomera

Capt Claret
26th Jun 2004, 06:31
Cactus

I wasn't trying to bag all QF pilots and I understand that its only a minority who blow their own trumpets and imply non QF pilots are failures.

However, if there really are death threats made as a result of reasoned opinions, then that does suggest quite a lot about the fitness of such a person to be in control of any machine let alone an aircraft. :oh:

rathouse
26th Jun 2004, 09:13
Geeeeezzz, how many is that in the SIN BIN now Woom. ??????

Probably a few more after tonights game.!!!:ok:

Ralph the Bong
26th Jun 2004, 12:49
Bagging out other professional pilots is idiosycratic of Australian pilots. Overseas, you dont find guys sledging each other; United Airlines guys don't go around saying that "Delta guys are all losers" or d!ckheads or whatever. Do Cathay guys pay out on the drivers from Dragonair? No. This stuff only happens in Oz and we have become famous for it!:yuk:

Chris Higgins
26th Jun 2004, 12:54
It happens everywhere, yes every airline in America too!

Cornholio
9th Nov 2004, 05:15
Yes but Aussie airlines are slightly worse. At least, one in particular, where every bloke thinks he\'s a sky god of some kind.

Let\'s see, they have:

Bigger aircraft
Uglier hosties
Bigger salaries
More ex-wives
Smaller bank balances
Bigger egos
Smaller weiners
Lonlier layovers
Fatter gutz
Pommier accents

All adds up to a bunch of sad wallies.

These are the tossers who are always to blame when you hear a protracted argument on TWR freq. Talk about bad taste, why would you lower yourself to such an act??? They think they own Oz airspace and act accordingly. I quaver with embarrassment when ever I hear "THE tossers."

I never admit I work for them.

:*

:bored:

:hmm:

:zzz:

The_Cutest_of_Borg
9th Nov 2004, 05:40
Hmmm let's see..

You resurrected a thread that died out four months ago, to spout that load of drivel?

Too much time on your hands have we?

Cornholio
9th Nov 2004, 05:54
You know what I'm talking about, Cutest of Bog.

As you know, I was making a point about the sort of plonkers referred to in the thread. Unfortunately we all have to deal with them in one way or another. In the cockpit or on the airwaves

Sad...................

How did they go so wrong from their humble days in GA???? Probably they never spent any time in GA.

Captain Can't
9th Nov 2004, 07:11
bigger salaries + more exwives does NOT equal bigger bank balances, cornholio. :ugh:

Downburst
12th Nov 2004, 01:39
What's the matter, fellows? Aussie flight c rew abusing each other? I can't believe that. That's definitely not happening in Europe.

Cornholio, I don't think I am better off. I am an old fart with a big gut. Mind you, I haven't got a pommy accent and our hosties look very appetizing. Mind you, I don't get paid a lot either. I am in the business for 25 years and I am only on about 130000 Euros a year. What the F@k are you complaining about?

James4th
14th Nov 2004, 00:43
since q-room is not anonymous, who is making the death threats? I assume the these threats are not make on line but by some other anonymous method?

The Matirx
14th Nov 2004, 02:41
G'day "Eastern States Woomera".

On a couple of occasions now you have indicated that you have access to Qrewroom.

Do you, through the Qroom moderator, have access to his logged IP addresses ?

Because if you do, that might go a little way to explaining the recent fronting of a number of line pilots to the QF CP for (and I quote directly) "comment made on an anonymous internet forum".

Posted from an internet cafe in sydney BTW................

Capt Fathom
14th Nov 2004, 09:12
Well it can't be anonymous if the QF CP knows who they are !

bonvol
14th Nov 2004, 10:18
The CP doesn't want any upstart vocal line drivers causing any trouble so best to mat a couple and that should fix the problem.

Can't have the career progression from AIPA leader to pocketing the Kings schilling coming under a cloud now so shut up you lot and take your lumps like good workers should or the beatings will continue.

Actually, he'd be better trying to get the beancounter wally responsible for the A330 cockup matted and fired. A multimillion dollar unaccountable screwup if ever there was one.

For those unaware, in QF the long legged wonderbus flies the shorthaul routes and the short legged version flies the longer routes. Bonuses all round was the order of the day for such enlightened management thinking and decision making.

And they wonder why we post on anonymous internet forums, or as it seems, maybe not so anonymous.

I'll get my own tea and bikkies ready.

Keg
14th Nov 2004, 10:54
J4th, I know that one bloke got some phone calls but I don't recall what the content was whether they were threatening or just anonymous crap. Sad but true.

As for speaking your mind on Qrewroom, been there, done that, got the rap over the knuckles! ;) Both times i've been carpeted for Qrewroom stuff it's been because of a mix up. A typo in the first instance (typed a '3' instead of a '2' and it changed the context) and the second was similar but different!

As for speaking my mind on here, been there, done that. Ironically, never carpeted for anything said on here but then again, I tend not to say anything on here that I wouldn't be prepared to say to Chris' face (or anyone else for that matter!) anyway! (G'day Chris! :} ) . I've even been complimented once (a long while ago now, before he was CP I think) for something that I had written on PPRUNE!

Either way, the abuse is shallow and boring!