PDA

View Full Version : Direct Track

OZBUSDRIVER
22nd Jun 2004, 06:59
G'Day people.

I am planning on going to YMIA on 02Jul. I am considering planning YMEN KTN YBDG. Would I be successful getting a direct route over YMML or should I plan via KAO under the steps then track direct YBDG? IF there is a break in traffic what would be the best time in morning to depart to get direct track?Beware folks this is my first trip away! Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mark

takeonme
22nd Jun 2004, 10:16
mark,
check your pm's mate

T.O.M

Chief galah
26th Jun 2004, 00:59
OBD
If you PM me with a contact number I can give you some gen. and perhaps talk on the day about the best escape route.
CG

OZBUSDRIVER
26th Jun 2004, 09:22
Chief Galah Mate that would be appreciated ,pm away.

Mark

OZBUSDRIVER
6th Jul 2004, 10:51
Thanks to everyone who PMed me with advice. First trip away a success. In particular Chief Galah Mate, thanks heaps with advice. Most enjoyment I've had in ages.

Thanks heaps people

Mark:D

Time Bomb Ted
7th Jul 2004, 01:48
What a great thread. Pilots and ATC work together like this all the time but we never really hear about it. I used to call the STAC and ask for several approaches into Bn using different runways with my CPL students. Some vectors, some speed restrictions etc (during non busy times of course) and ATC have been nothing but excellent.

I can't encourage enough pilots to call ATC on the phone prior to getting airborne to give them a heads up if you are unsure or unfamiliar with the airspace.

Well done all.

TBT

Feather #3
7th Jul 2004, 03:21
I do it all the time with the SY STAC when we have requests for the big piston machine. Works a charm; much easier if we do it together!:D

G'day ;)