PDA

View Full Version : KNX v WYM

s/e cessna
22nd Jun 2004, 03:36
Come on boys lets get the ball rolling again seeing as someone ruined our little post- The fun was just begining!

Surprised your boss gave you 5min off to respond, Oh life must be stimulating in the office hey boys/girls?? Brainstorming your next response, wondering what your wife must be doing?????
All the same not a bad post djgjgjgjgjsjsjshdjdjdjll

Black wings, nah not yet! Smoking gunja- nah doesn't really do it for me! Having to tell people where to sit-puck that! cleaning up chuck- puck that! pax brief- puck that too, there's enough red can to keep em happy for a day, as for doin the tree hour bungle speil, puuuck dat, i'd much rather listen to, what now! go low!

Bye the way aren't you guys getting sick of the pub scene, sucking up to your boss when you barely get 5mins away from work as is. :yuk:

Troopy
22nd Jun 2004, 03:57
Well put S/E, they are quick to bag us out going to Oombi but too often do I see a PKU plane sitting there all day, I could only quess what they are upto while waiting for their return flight

tipan13
22nd Jun 2004, 04:27
I can see a shiny new set of "black wings" on the horizon for one of you ywym stugglers.

Or even another "clear prop" could be roaming the "streets" of oombie before the season is out

cdf
22nd Jun 2004, 09:57
I think even black wings are beyond the capabilities of you stugglers

drshmoo
22nd Jun 2004, 13:14
What happened to jangerlingjangerling's response on the other thread? It was spot on. Lets face it boys YOU ARE in wyndham. Dont bother fellas, in life there are always going to be the Spring field vs Shelbiville situations. Like Bondi Junction and Everliegh st Redfern, like Kununurra and Wyndham. Remember wyndham Yokles that wyndham is just above oombie and lumbaru in the poor C@#T food chain. As for all the KU aircraft sitting idle, yes they do between the hours of 1700 to 0600, then 0815 to 0900 then again from 1100 till 1430. FRV to WYM flying is only marginally better than being a circuit hero. Having to interact with pax is not a problem at all. Just because your pax (from FRV to WYM) are far more eloquent and educated than youselves, I hope you boys dont feel inadequate and avoid trying to spark up a conversations with them. Lifes tough in wyndham so we should probably just ease up. But because you guys are such pathetic strugglers..... we'll keep it up.
Keep that wyndham gene pool shallow fellas.
DRSHMOO

Transition Layer
22nd Jun 2004, 23:46
drshmoo...

Mate, I never realised that such large class divides existed in the Kimberley? And using the analogy of comparing "The Jungo" to Eveleigh St probably isn't the best example anyway - although all those new designer label stores have given it a bit more cred in recent times! As long as there is somewhere to sip your latte mate!

Anyway, well before my time and yours, Wyndham was THE hub of the Kimberley. The port was in full operating mode, the meatworks were churning out the steaks and F27s operated into YWYM! As far as I'm concerned, the place has a hell of a lot more history, character and intrigue about it than that liefeless place with the ridiculous urban planning we call Kununurra!

As for the flying, WYM-FRV-WYM is probably the most work you will do for 0.7 or 0.8 in the logbook. Refuel the aircraft out of drums in 40 plus heat, pick up the pax, pick up the grog, load the aircraft to within a bee's dick of it's rear CoG, wait until the last possible minute for someone's "brudda cousin" to turn up, then off you go. Then when you get to the other end, trying to sort out who is paying for it, who is going back on the return trip etc is all great fun as well.

Meanwhile, the Kunners boys are having their hand held through their 80th bungles trip. Pax dropped at the aircraft and maybe a good sort of two amongst them. Off we go, RWY 30 or 12, take your pick! Can't remember the spiel? It's OK, we've got a tape to play. Can't remember the track? That's cool, just follow one of the other 20 aircraft in front of you.

Your phobia about circuit bashing is a little worrying as well. Flashbacks to that infamous first solo where you took off without a clearance? Thought so...

Cheers,
TL

bypasspin
23rd Jun 2004, 07:28
Who really cares what pax or loads you have on the ku/wym-frv/lumbaru routes anyway. It does not mater which company you work for they all have their problems/advantages and all the aircraft are 25 years old. The flying is great and so are most of the people you work with.

Everyone is there for the same reasons, to get more hours and to move on. The problem is that some of these "senior" pilots just cant manage to take their @#$!@ out of their cp's ass and move on. Too bad for them and all the more jobs for us.

At least the "struglers" in wym have some twins that take a brain to opperate unlike the part-never's flown by the ku crew's.

There is a life outside of Ku boys its just that the longterm crew have lost sight of it.

:ok:

drshmoo
23rd Jun 2004, 07:33
Transition Layer, how is the circuit bashing? I heard the veiw of the M5 is very appealing. The vista of condell park and lebos shooting each other and the cops must be awe inspiring. Anyway surf at byron was awesome and there were whales off the coast and dolphins at wategos. But you better soak up those cherokee circuit moments cause rumour has it that the veiw in the nova sim that you have been banished to is even worse. Your point about flying in wyndham are valid but they strengthen my point. All that effort for 0.7, oh well.
Take Care TL and brush the dust off that ground IF part of you flog book.

jangerlingjangerling
23rd Jun 2004, 07:53
bypasspin
Very astute assesment of the state of the long term "senior" pilots. They spend significant time around the CPs posteiror.
The part bananas aren't the most advanced twins floating round either. But at KU there are 2 lovely PA31s, 1 lovely C310 and an awesome C208B. ( Also some severly bent/destroyed C310, C210 and choppers in the hanger of "shame")

redsnail
23rd Jun 2004, 12:36
Gees, what's all this aggro between WYM and KNX? Wasn't like that when I was at KNX (94-96).
What's stirred it all up?

Troopy
24th Jun 2004, 12:35
I dont know redsnail, the Wym guys offered to get together and have a little fun, and this is what the Pku BOYS reply is.
I think they feel that we are a threat or something, or maybe its just the type of new pilot we are getting through the system these days, willing to backstab the next guy instead of sticking together.
Well good luck to them.
:suspect:

Transition Layer
24th Jun 2004, 12:37
drshmoo,

It's surely about time you come up with something new to sledge me about? This circuit bashing thing is getting quite tiring but whatever floats your boat.

While we're at it, if we're going to use old lines, i'll throw one in about which column most of your hrs are going in these days? We might both sit in the RHS, but at least mine is CMD! Multi-crew ops in a chieftain must be some seriously challenging stuff. (Jokes aside, do your best to be in SYD for the W/E of Fri 2nd July, looks like being a rather large one.)

Redsnail,

Dunno about the other guys, but i'm just having a dig at the Kunners boys for a bit of a laugh. I'm pretty sure no-one is taking it too seriously (except maybe drshmoo!)

Cheers,
TL

P.S. This is all getting a bit personal, so i'll get it back on track! Go Wyndham Crocs!

LateNightOps
24th Jun 2004, 14:55
drschmoo and TL I think its time you boys kissed and made up! Plus think of the children (ie. little Clearprop who is still waiting for his father to take on some parental responsibilities...yes im talking to you TL)

in anycase I still remember 6 blokes from 3 companies playing Quake at Coolibah Court... ahhh those were the days.

Rrespect

p.s. TL ima gonna be hitting the town that weekend... might have to 'tank' it up.:ok:

giddy up
27th Jun 2004, 03:33
Such a sad story.......two friends torn apart because they both shared in the love of one Margret Campbell....

tipan13
4th Jul 2004, 01:55
Bypassin as for your complicated twins out of wym I believe they could be a little too much for the wym boys. I clearly remember a cretain twin flying 150 nm into knx with an engine shut down for fear of fire ( fair enough) but to then conduct a single engine fly past go around at less than 100 ' and turn into the dead engine with pax on board ,Im glad these guys dont have anything more complicated.
Not to mention the bogged truck located at least 2 milesoff the end of 28 at ykal interfearing with the climb out gradient.

Send in the clowns
Stugglers

Whiskey226
6th Jul 2004, 05:59
And for a breath of fresh air..:sad:

All I have to say about Wyndham is "See it to believe it"

nuff said:cool:

geeup
7th Jul 2004, 02:22
Is WYM operators still holding key cards and pin numbers for valued customers. More to the point how many black boxes can the islander hold?:ok:

Thermal Bandit
8th Jul 2004, 17:08
The Cambridge Gulf is the anus of the earth a Wyndham is 40 miles up it

Seriously – when I was up there, even Kununurra wore a bit thin, however a quick drive over to Wyndham made us realise how fortunate we were.

In those days the Bungles were not on the tourist map, Camipeski run the pub, and I was young

Great memories

bypasspin
9th Jul 2004, 02:07
For you high time twin engine boys in KNX we were just wondering if some of the AA boys still had the key to the bosses $##@@!!.

Rumour has it that a certain Belray bus driver got lost somewhere up a certain visiting other boys rear end. Keeping it in the family??, whens the wedding??

If "Cambridge Gulf is the anus of the earth " then what would you call AA????

Have fun in the part banana's boys,

BBP

LateNightOps
9th Jul 2004, 07:29
Hey now,

just because one pilot happens to love practicing rear end arrivals, doesn't reflect on the general quality of person 'coming out' at AA.

As a matter of fact I know several top blokes that have moved on from the AA nursery in the last few years, flying bigger and better gear.

The one example of a bad seed at AA is a function of his personality not his love of biting the pillow.

LNO:cool:

CAPTAINOZ
9th Jul 2004, 07:42
Sounds like you're still living in KNX Bypasspin!
Bet you're rackin the hours up with 3 bungles a day in the trusty slug!
Nothing like gettin rostered for a triple, then to find you've been written up for a case for the handlebar cp and his yes men!
hope you're wide berthing those rbt units boys.
Have fun in Purnululu, oops the tape chewed up!!

drshmoo
10th Jul 2004, 02:08
CAPTAINOZ - 1 POST WONDER

CAPTAINOZ
10th Jul 2004, 07:40
Dr Shmoo,

Is that all you have!!!! At least some of us fly all day and dont have the time to spend 10 hrs a day looking at young wonder boys $##@! over their bit FO times. Did you used to be a "yes man".??

Have fun

:p

drshmoo
12th Jul 2004, 07:40
Sorry champ not a yes man, but they do exist. Ol handlebar loves to put up people for beer fines but we all had good fun drinking them too. Perhaps they should have a new fine for crashing every bus that they own.

geeup
12th Jul 2004, 13:40
There is a fine for crashin the bus, damage to company property 1 CTN. However good blokes buy upper cartons when they crash bus one.:O

Whats the fine for runway lights??:oh:

steamchicken
12th Jul 2004, 15:42
Only aviators could have a TLA for beer.

tcasalert
15th Jul 2004, 05:18
So what happened to that poor C310 anyway.. I havnt seen it mentioned on the ATSB website?

drshmoo
15th Jul 2004, 08:48
Dear "GeeUP", Make my apologie note out to Rick Spry care of Kununurra airport cause I'm flying on the east coast. What is the fine regarding bus1, there was only 1 moron from my era that crashed any of the buses and he managed to scratch all of them.:}

T3000
16th Jul 2004, 04:20
Here's one for the Wyndham boys.
Last Monday or Tuesday a Brasilia was coming in from Darwin from Flight levels. An MBZ call was given at 30Nm and again at 15NM. Nothing heard on the MBZ. Brasilia proceeded to descend. As the Brasilia reached lower levels a Partenavia was sighted on the recipracol track outbound through the same level at half a mile. The Braz crew took action to avoid a collision. The braz crew finally contacted the Partenavia. His response was " I thought you could see me on TCAS" :{ Idiot!!!!

CAPTAINOZ
16th Jul 2004, 05:27
T3000,

Mate i reckon you've stirred up a hornets nest with that one!:O
I love it!! That'll bring out all the Anti Alligator boys! :ok:

Dave Incognito
17th Jul 2004, 03:29
I’m a Kununurra boy but I’m also a big fan of the Wyndham outing. With the right people you can have a great time anywhere. What follows is a bit of an example of what you can get up to if you aren’t too caught up in arguing who is better….

First, pack the car with an esky full of snacks and some refreshing beverages, a full tank of motion lotion and then hit the Victoria highway. Stop off at some well known and lesser known water holes along the way, cool off and consume some of the esky treats.

Hit the road again, overtake some Gerries towing their 40ft caravan who are doing 50km/h in the 110 zone, laugh at the fact that you remember flying them to the bungles yesterday (only after lifting them into the plane because the first step was too high). Continue on past 6 mile then 3 mile, past all the cemeteries until you hit captain robbo’s. Feast on tasty barra burger from said establishment.

Jump back in the car and wind your way up to the bastion. Watch the car temp creep towards the red as it struggles up the gradient at 25km/h in the 40 degree heat. Stop off at the top and check out the view. Remember that it looks pretty similar to the vista you took in during those five KU-KAL / KU-FRV runs last week. Still, it’s quite nice and it helps bring back distant memories of salt water beaches back home (although somewhat browner and distinctly lacking both pretty girls and surfable waves).

Head back down the bastion to the scream of engine braking and the smell of melting brake pads. Say goodbye to wyndham as you drive past the big crocodile and the Oasis Air van filling up with cartons from Vagg’s liquor store. Scare the crap out of yourself by spotting random brahman cattle walking across the road at the last minute.

Continue back to kunners past the deception ranges as the setting sun turns them bright red and orange. Point out your favourite boab trees that are now so familiar to you. Thud and thump your way over the diversion dam back into town. Stop in at home for a quick feed and shower before heading out to the hotel.

Realise that you have had a most tops day.

Ski Guru
17th Jul 2004, 05:03
Ahh Dave,
Its good to see your still as sentimental as ever! Can't believe you bought a car!
But i must say it brought back some memories.

It's also good to see that things have not changed amongst the crews in the Kimberly, although some of said crews should have moved on a LONG time ago....!

Take it easy boys, enjoy the time in the sun!

Dave I hope your looking after Melrose.. good times.... right Shmoo?

OpsNormal
17th Jul 2004, 05:11
Dave, I feel I'm going all misty again reading that.

You only missed the one little point..... as you are thudding and thumping over the dam, you look down to the spot where that morning you got up before the sun and heading down to the base of the dam (still off limits?), and with your first cast into the white water you fought and reeled in a Barra just a centimeter shy of the max size limit. Headed home to Melrose, cleaned and gutted said fish, and cooked and consumed fresh barra for breakie...... :E

Then there are those fantastic late afternoons sitting on the Alligator float pontoon, fishing, swimming, eyeing-off freshie crocs, watching late wet season thunderies in the afternoon setting sun.

I hate you sometimes...... :} ;) :}

How's the van?:ok:

Field plougher
17th Jul 2004, 05:11
Well said D.I:ok:

Like D.I, I fondly remember the good times in and around KNX. But like all experiences that are marked in the "logbook of life" those good times are marred with bad times.

I have made some lifetime friends from kunnas, mainly from my first few years there, unfortunately later in the piece arrived some egos too big for my liking and crap work ethic.

But what Im trying too get across boys and girls, is, get over the bickering (doesn't help anyone), enjoy and concentrate on your flying, because thats what its all about.

Blue Skies;)

OpsNormal
17th Jul 2004, 05:14
Ski got in there just before me....

Hey Shmoo, did you ever get around to buying a fridge?:D

Regards,

OpsN.
;)

drshmoo
17th Jul 2004, 16:31
Gday ops been a while hope all is well. Yes my first 2/3 months in KU were a bit rough, esky for a fridge and living on an air matress, living room furniture consisted of 3 fold out chairs but I was lucky I was in ol trusty coolibah court (melrose place). Not long after got my hands on a king size fantasie futon and an old leaky fridge but mate it sure was better than the esky.

On another matter, just for interest, was that Braz story true with the partnavia. If it is I wouldnt be too quick to lable all the alligator pilots, cause the majority are good pilots/operators and great blokes. IMHO (very biased too)

Dave Incognito
18th Jul 2004, 05:12
Ski,

Yeah, have 4 wheeled transport now, bit hard to fit the girly on the back of the single seat bike. The faithful old Honda departed this week to a new owner. I’m still in Melrose but in a different unit. Nobody wanted to take on the no. 15 legacy when I left at the beginning of the year. Living up the other end now opposite drshmoo’s old haunt.

Ops,

Fishing? I get up before the sun every workday, why the hell would I want to do it on my days off? ;) Ops you’ll be glad to know that I still haven’t managed to remove any barra from the Ord, thereby leaving them ready for you to catch. The van is awesome. Took it on a 4 day trip through to Broome which was one of the best trips of my life. Just waiting for a chance to have a crack at something with 2 motors now…

How's the yoot going?

Cheers.

OpsNormal
20th Jul 2004, 23:23
Ah Dave, at least when you arise before the golden rays of dawn where you are up there the temperature is a bit more humane than it is around here at the moment. Those minus 2 and 3 mornings here day after day are rapidly growing hair on them.....:ooh:

I still reckon nothing in this game beats getting into the air just on sunrise on a freezing cold, crystal clear morning. The scraping of frost off wings and windshields doesn't happen often here, something about a drier climate....:cool:

I guess I'll have to head back up there one day and re-educate ya about that fishin' caper. On a couple of stops on the run I sometimes do around the Gulf, if I'm a bit early to the schedule especially during the run-off/tail-end of the wet I sometimes get to wet a line with a couple of the Gulf's enthusiastic locals.... I guess old habits die hard. :}

Talk soon,

OpsN ;)