PDA

View Full Version : Attention Shortlisters!

Cart_tart
22nd Jun 2004, 01:54
Got this this morning.
I now officially HATE QF.

This letter is in reference to your current Qantas Flight Attendant
application on our shortlist, which was extended until the 28th May 2004.

As your application has now been on our shortlist for a period of over 18
months, I wish to advise you that you that your application has now
expired.

To be considered for possible Flight Attendant positions available in the
future, you will be required to re-apply for positions being advertised.

In order to assist you with your re-application Recruitment & Promotion
will contact you once recruitment commences. This advice does not change
the expiry of your application nor amount to a guarantee or commitment to
a position with Qantas. Should any of your contact details change, please
advise us in writing by fax (02) 9691 1930.

You may also wish to contact the Qantas hotline on (02) 9691 3200 and
Qantas website at www.qantas.com.au regularly to keep informed of any
recruitment activities.

We would like to take this opportunity thank you for the time and effort
you have invested in your application to date and wish you well with your
future career endeavours.

Yours sincerely

Recruitment & Promotion Co-ordinator
Customer Services

PLEASE NOTE: [email protected] is an unattended mailbox. We will
not reply to any e-mails sent to this address.

yellow rocket
22nd Jun 2004, 03:55
Got one myself too Cart Tart. Am sorry for you.

For what its worth, it doesn't make me angry, disappointed, yes.

I'm lucky, I'm already flying, and about to join another airline with a couple of steps up the ladder.

I guess in the bigger scheme of things there are two options for flight safety professionals who seek employment:

1. There are airlines that have professional recruitment processes, and who advertise honestly. Those companies will attract and retain high performers who work to win customers.

2. The other option is Qantas.

My fellow Shortlisters, you WILL get your piece of sky, because in your hearts you are the true Spirit of Australia.

Good luck to all of you.

cloud nine
22nd Jun 2004, 07:28
I received the above email also:(

Dissapointed, however as time went on I expected it all to end like this.

So close but so far away :sad:

But there is no point in getting to upset about it, there is nothing that can be done to change the situation.

QANTASTIC
22nd Jun 2004, 09:28
I still cant belive that a lot of the externals did not get called to do any type of work eg contract or mam casuel !! I cant understand why peope have received this email !! I still am waiting for a respone myself !! Im in Mel.. I know a few internals have received a no thanks letter last week but not eveybody else has !! Has everbody that has been on the short list that has not taken a role with mam or contract received this email??

yellow rocket
22nd Jun 2004, 11:34
I received no call of offer for anything before the email - and I hadn't been on the shortlist for 18 months yet.

Hi Dr. Phil!

All is good. Heading off next week to climb on a Big Red One :E :E

Hope all is good with you.

Cart_tart
22nd Jun 2004, 14:57
come to think of it yellow rocket - I hadn't been on there for 18 months either!
Like you I hadn't received an offer of anything.
As if the email wasn't bad enough - then another blow below the belt when they confirmed the LHR base today too!
We should all go to the media!

Flying_Sarah747
23rd Jun 2004, 13:01
I got one too. Thought it would happen but didn't want to believe it. I'm already flying with BA, but wanted to come home sooooooooo badly. Well if you go to the media, wait til the 7th of July, cause I'm coming home for a bit!! Can't wait! All I can do is look on the positive side and say thank god I didn't sit around and wait for QF, or else I'd be sitting at home being even more miserable than I am now. :(

OZcabincrew
24th Jun 2004, 11:37
Yellow Rocket

First of all, sorry to hear about the email that a lot of you received, i am a casual flying for Qantas and i also received the same email. I am also a bit annoyed with the way QF handled the whole siuation over the whole period, however yellow rocket, i
m a little annoyed with the comment you made in one of your last posts about airlines who have professional recruitment processes etc. You made a comment that airlines that have professional recruitment processes will attract high performers and people who work to win customers & then there's Qantas. I completely agree with this somewhat but am offended at the fact that it seems as if you are saying we that are flying for QF & those recently recruited are the complete opposite. We ARE flight safety professionals, high performers and definately work to win customers, sure like every airline including the one you work for has a few bad apples, but please don't blanket us with the same opinion.

Once again shortlisters, sorry to hear the bad news! :(

Oz