PDA

View Full Version : Maun planning

anything-anywhere
21st Jun 2004, 19:55
Hi

Just a few questions for you guys with experience of the ‘Maun’, Botswana scene..

I’m planning to return to SA ( had to go home to the UK to refill my bank account by selling myself back to corporate project management – no pain, no glory ) I should have enough money to finish my Com and have a little reserve to go knocking doors in Maun.

Now, having been a scholar of PPRUNE for some years, I sis the searches and the consensus is that I need to be in Maun with my new shinny blue book around the start of December.

Since I have plan and budget for this period, just need to check out some ideas before leaving my well paid but terrible unpleasant job.

1.Would they be a great advantage in doing my IR and final 40 hours on a C210 ?

2.Would it not make any difference to the guys in Maun what I fly on up to 200 hours?

3.Would there be an advantage in doing a twin rating at this point

4.What is the latest I can get to Maun, and still be in with a chance of getting a job ?

5.Would there be any advantage in contacting operators over the next few months prior to my return?

Anyway, thanks in advance for you pearls of wisdom, always happy to receive comments and I promise a beer in Maun around Christmas for the good tips

cheers

Maun Baboon
22nd Jun 2004, 13:32
Have a look at the posting that Kiwi Flyer put on this site and it should answer all your questions.