PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways are looking 4 u!

nickmelb
21st Jun 2004, 12:17
hey boyz n girlz

Just thought this link maybe of interest to some of you. QR (qatar airways) are looking for cabin crew.

Interviews and all the details are on the link, they are doing Melbourne and Sydney.

Cheerios!

http://www.mycareer.com.au/jobseeker/job/viewjob.aspx?jobid=2555348

apaddyinuk
21st Jun 2004, 23:19
To anyone serious about flying as a career....think long and hard about this airline....do a good search in here for Qatar Airways then make your mind up!

:ok:

fourplay
21st Jun 2004, 23:46
I do not want to p:mad:s on anyones parade, however I have worked with this airline in 1998 and nothing has changed for the better since that time having spoken to several crew recently and reading posts on pprune.
The problem is the Monty Burns like CEO.
As others have said before... read the threads on this forum for more information.
Nice uniform, aircraft, and location,
the rest is not attractive, I can't begin to tell you!
Fore warned is fore armed!
:} :} :} :}

qfmike737
22nd Jun 2004, 05:58
Thanks for posting that information nickmelb! your always on the ball and in the know!

For some freshmen this might be good experience for airline interviews for a Middle Eastern carrier but my advice to everyone is to come down to earth and stay away from this one.

If you think it's a good stepping stone to get into other carriers you are probably right. Other carriers are going to think OH MY GOD this person lasted 6 months with Qatar!!! They can take alot of :mad: but then for many lose their sanity...it can be traumatic and good luck finding counselling! It might turn you away from flying altogether.

If you want to use it as a stepping stone to get into Emirates or Gulf Air and Etihad be aware that there may be some annoying policies. For example you may have to leave Qatar completely for one year then be eligible to apply to Emirates or Gulf etc. Perhaps because too many people try to jump ship and because the different airlines have agreed on this policy together. (I'm not sure if this is still the case but in previous posts in the couple of years on pprune this has known to be true).

Good luck to everyone that goes to the interview!

JonBoy80
23rd Jun 2004, 06:49
Out of curiousity, who is doing their recruitment?. Apparently they have a pobox people send their cv's through. Does this mean its a recruitment agency?

ruby tuesday
27th Jun 2004, 21:53
As has been mentioned - tread carefully - this company can change your life, both professional and personal - and not in a postive way. Having Qatar on your CV can hinder your career (as well as get a few giggles).
They have no concept of howto treat staff, and indded the value of staff. No matter how good you are, you can be in one day and out the next ,believe me.

homesick rae
28th Jun 2004, 04:41
Steer well clear folks!

Fourplay. PM me! We must know each other!

Cheers

HR

A300Man
28th Jun 2004, 09:03
Ach, you lot are just too pessimistic.....................ha ha. How's it going Homesick?

homesick rae
28th Jun 2004, 16:53
A300 Man:

Aye, maybe we are a little, but we are also concerned about our ex colleagues still out there and, for the wannabes, stating fact on the most part...you and I both know there are better environments to work in as crew!

Things are fine and maybe heading back Gulfwards again briefly in the not too distant future. Hope you are well.

Cheers

HR