PDA

View Full Version : No more pictures to John Eacott

Heliport
21st Jun 2004, 06:07
(1) Not for a few weeks anyway.
John will be in Europe for a month from today and unable to host photographs for us.
Until further notice, please send pics for hosting only to Imabell:

[email protected]

(2) Volunteer needed urgently
With BlenderPilot out of action and John travelling, that leaves Graeme on his own.
Is there anyone with spare space on their website who can help by hosting pics for us?
You need to know how to reduce the size of pics to fit the page, and how to reduce resolution so they load quickly.

Please e-mail me if you can help: [email protected]

Heliport

Heliport
21st Jun 2004, 19:58
Thanks to The Wizard of Oz for volunteering.

[email protected]

charlie s charlie
21st Jun 2004, 20:34
- Edited after response below [and getting out my pocket calculator] :8 -

Anyone that wants to host their own photos can do so free of charge by registering with www.photobucket.com

Its very easy to register, only requiring an email address and is simple to use.

If you make your photos around 50kb (the average size on "Rotorheads at Work") around 5 of these would stand up to the sort of views that Rotorheads is subjected to.

Feel free to PM me for help or assistance with resizing your own photos. This way it might give some of the kind volunteers who host the pictures a bit of a rest on their bandwidth usage! :uhoh:

:D

Heliport
21st Jun 2004, 20:52
Thanks charlie

I don't think a single Rotorheads account for everyone would work - it would be over the limit very quickly.
Anyone can open an account. I've opened one and I've noticed a few other members have.

NB: To anyone posting their own pics - not through the volunteers
Please check the size of your pics after you've posted. If they're too big for the page, Photobucket has an option to edit your pic to reduce the size.

Heliport

John Eacott
22nd Jun 2004, 02:38
I'm off, for a decent beer or two ;)

A very simple shareware programme for images is LViewPro: I have put a small zip file at

http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/pprune/lviewpro.zip

for anyone to download and use. Image resizing is quite simple, and it's only a small programme.

Cheers :ok:

Heliport
22nd Jun 2004, 07:26
Looking forward to meeting you John. :ok:

Heliport
23rd Jun 2004, 06:42
Great response to my request for help. :ok:
We now have enough volunteers.

I''ll post the contact details later this week.

Thanks.

Heliport