PDA

View Full Version : EZY incident at Inverness

Stockpicker
20th Jun 2004, 21:50
Mr S just back from weekend hillwalking having dropped a friend at Inverness in time for the Luton flight c.1700, only to receive a call an hour later to say they're stuck on the tarmac thanks to a service vehicle bumping into the plane! We've looked on websites etc to find out if/when they eventually got airborne, but can find no sign of the flight details, so am assuming it was minor and they got away OK - can anyone confirm or give more info?

Oshkosh George
21st Jun 2004, 10:54
From a contact at Inverness,the damage limited to paint scratches and the aircraft immediately cleared for flight by the engineer.

Probably just small delay summoning engineer.

Oshkosh George
21st Jun 2004, 18:34
A bit reluctant to ask further of my contact,he wasn't that keen to talk as he works for easy!

Would they not use a local non-easy guy?

jettesen
21st Jun 2004, 19:09
we have used the services of BA engineers up there.

Stockpicker
21st Jun 2004, 20:31
Thanks for the responses anyway, chaps - the friend on the plane is flying out to the US tomorrow, would hate to think of him starting the trip from Inverness after an unexpected overnighter!

In trim
21st Jun 2004, 20:52
Scratch close to one of the doors from service equipment. Engineer arrived and aircraft was within limits to operate....effectively scratch to paint only.

FlapsOne
21st Jun 2004, 20:57
Last time I needed an engineer up there (lightning strike) it took about 15 mins.

Maybe I was lucky, but I was certainly impressed.