PDA

View Full Version : Thomsonfly/britannia

eagerbeaver
20th Jun 2004, 20:56
Has anyone applied recently to Thomsonfly? and recieved any word back? I am about to re-apply due to a lack or response which i presume is them telling me to f@~k off.
I dont meet the FO requirements but am type rated. I also noticed on the application form two boxes with 23rd/30th next to them so i guess selection is soon.

Any info will be appreciated.

Artificial Horizon
20th Jun 2004, 21:40
I have the hours for the F/O requirement, spent a couple of days filling in the application and sent it off. Two days later I got a letter back saying that Britannia were not recruiting second officers and my application had been destroyed as they were not keeping applications.

I ring them up to be told 'whoops' nothing we can do now as the application has been destroyed and to resubmit, considering the application is 16 pages long and as above it would appear that selection is due in the nest 10 days I feel the mistake has cost me my chance this time around. DOH!!!!!!!

eagerbeaver
21st Jun 2004, 07:35
thats terrible, i have phoned them a couple of times to see whats going on. I get told the second officer line, but i am never sure whether i am in the system so to speak i will re submit though. although the application is long it is by no means the worst.

Pilot Pete
21st Jun 2004, 10:49
I don't wish to appear to be 'stating the obvious', but as a general tip, when filling in any online application form, print off each page (or save them to disk) and also copy and paste your answers into something like Word (especially the 'essay' type answers) so that when the inevitable happens the repeat process is a simple task.

Good luck.

PP

MJR
21st Jun 2004, 11:03
PP,

I think these are hand-written only forms, hence your comment is not applicable.

cheers

MJR

Pilot Pete
21st Jun 2004, 11:09
Ahhh,

That makes it a complete bind then. I retire, to think of a good solution for that one..............!:O

PP

MAX
21st Jun 2004, 13:31
So photo copy them then or scan them to your computer. Its always handy with a lengthy application to have a copy as it may be many months before you are sitting in front of recruitment and they are asking questions about what you wrote.

MAX:cool:

TRon
22nd Jun 2004, 15:31
Personally all the handwritten applications I have done I typed them out on the computer as I can 'tap' faster than I can write and then print it out and copy it to paper.

At least that way you can cut and paste everything etc.

Just what I do!!

FYG
24th Jun 2004, 13:26
Artificial Horizon

I would not be so quick to give up if I were you. I applied to Britannia way back in November and did not get called to attend stage 1 until last month. You may well have missed the boat this time, but if they like what they see they will hold you on file until they need someone with your qualities.

Also what Pilot Pete says is quite true, save everything you write when applying to jobs because you may have to regurgitate (spell?) that info' when on interview. You may also find that similar questions appear on different application forms; saving the info and then simply copying saves you time whether its handwritten or not. Apply again AH and good luck with it.

KingKool
28th Jun 2004, 12:40
The form was a nightmare I posted mine off last November, called up in January, was cut off :rolleyes: and finally heard from them last week.

Can anyone give me any tips for the first day of tests and group exercises? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ;)

monkeyboy
28th Jun 2004, 15:03
KingKool, do a search, all the info you need is there.

Good luck!

MB

KingKool
28th Jun 2004, 22:33
Cheers Monkeyboy

Was looking for Thompsonfly stuff initially realised the mistake after pressing "Submit Reply" Whoops!

Thanks anyway.