PDA

View Full Version : Rosters

flya2b
20th Jun 2004, 13:19
Hi all,

Can anyone out there, help with the following:

What uk based airlines offer their Cabin Crew "buddy" or "married" Rosters?

How does the system work?

Any info given will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

ILS26L
20th Jun 2004, 13:30
I know GB Airways does, not sure about the other carriers though...

Teddy Robinson
20th Jun 2004, 22:26
Most airlines state that they do not have such a thing as a married roster, even less so a"buddy" roster.

As in most of life, most things are negotiable but airlines are in my experience rather wary of these arrangements, especially if the people involved are not actually married in the eyes of the law.

Their reasoning (based on bitter experience) is that if they give person A and B a married roster, but a person C becomes involved with either of the former, one has a downroute disaster area, and their carefully made rosters are wrecked because person A no longer wants to be in the same part of the world as person B.

Go to them with real evidence of a permenant and stable co-habitive relationship that has withstood the strains of being rostered apart for long periods then you might find some favour.

Go to them with an ad-hoc request to be rostered with A N Other you are unlikely to get a sympathetic response and rightly so.

Big Tudor
21st Jun 2004, 10:15
Most carriers are wary of 'married roster' for a number of reasons, not least those stated by Teddy R above. Some UK airlines offer a compromise in that days off at base will be paired with a partner, although the criteria for being a 'partner' vary quite dramatically.

redfred
21st Jun 2004, 11:44
BA do a married roster

Floaty
21st Jun 2004, 13:15
... so does air2000/First Choice... but in my case they used "separate roster"... :} (can't get along with everyone!) :hmm:

ezygalleyboy
21st Jun 2004, 16:19
easyJet allow you to move to the same flying group, ie have the same days off. Not sure I would actually want to fly with my other half at work though ;)