PDA

View Full Version : S*nstate employment policy?

Skin-Friction
20th Jun 2004, 12:38
Whilst travelling the sunny skies of Queensland of late, I have noticed that our Premier regional carrier has employed quite a few "chicks" to fly their aircraft.

Last week in particular, I was jaunting along, minding my own business, when I kept on hearing this young "chick" who was NFP on a regular RPT run, chortling into the mic. That's nice. Only thing was, she made a litany of errors, including twice giving the wrong destination identifier as part of her inbound call and then at the next stop forgetting to cancel her SAR. Then she tried to make excuses to centre for her mistake. It almost sounded as though the young lady was on her first IFR nav! But she did sound cute and sexy!

I found myself shaking my head at the bad technique used by a pilot flying for Queensland's premier regional airline.

Being an equal oportunity employer is a terrific thing, as long as the same rigorous employment standards are used for those both young or old, chick or bloke.

I find myself hoping that people such as the young lady mentioned above are indeed employed for their professionalism and not for other reasons.

I would like to hear from other Ppruners on this subject and whether they have struck this phenomenon before. Perhaps Hugh Jarse could give us a few comments?

Tempo
20th Jun 2004, 12:47
Wow, this post is so wound up it needs some R&R!

And if it is not a wind up.....hang on....it just must be.

:p

Taildragger
20th Jun 2004, 19:05
Skin Friction Mate, what makes you think a bloke would do better.?? This post is sooooooooooooo sexist and off the beam. Oh...and by the way, I am NOT female, and Yes, this mighty man has forgotten to cancel his SAR too on a cuppla occasions.

Woomera
20th Jun 2004, 22:59
Not only sexist, but a ludicrous wind up. :mad:

Miss out on a Sunnies interview Skin-Friction??

*CLICK*

Woomera