PDA

View Full Version : Company Business Jet Ownership

Mr Gammon Flaps
20th Jun 2004, 11:00
Hi Guys:

I've got a question that I hope someone might be able to answer. My brother is a partner in a firm based in the South of France. They have decided that they require a company jet to take themselves and clients around Europe. To get this operation off the ground, and to fly it, he has asked me.

Unfortunately, I fly a B767 for a UK charter company so don't have a clue where to start. Can anyone suggest an agency or cosultancy company that might be able to assist in getting this enterprise off the ground.

If anyone reading is involved in this sort of thing, I would appreciate any comments on the benefits of fractional ownership over private ownership.

Cheers

Mr G F

Kopeloi
20th Jun 2004, 11:06
Maybe good to talk some management companies to start with.
Jetaviation, TAG, Jet Club, Gama etc. to name a few. Also Netjets are worth to approach for fractional solution. All depends what they are looking for.
Nikolai

Daifly
20th Jun 2004, 12:43
Nice name Gammon Flaps! First recommendation, as Kopeloi said, speak to a company that knows about business jet ownership and operation. Not only do you benefit from their experience of the pitfalls you will save yourself a whole heap of bother in the long run.

There have been many discussions on Frax ownership on here so if you want to spend weeks learning all about feel free to do so, but to recap:

Frax ownership is great if you are doing lots of one way flights in Europe. If you are doing day returns back to the same point it will work out typically 70-80% more expensive, a fact that the Frax companies aren't readily keen to point out. If you plans are to do a tour over four-five days then it should be a level-ish playing field. One thing though is that Frax companies have a significant level of cross subsidy to allow them to hook new clients in at very keen rates for year one. Be careful though as after Y1 you will see an increase with no options to get out of the contract until, typically, Y5.

I'm not so vain as to sell my company as your option on here as it's against PPruNe's ideals, but I've no doubt other people won't be as prinicpled! I've PM'd this message to you, with my contact details on it therefore.

Daifly.

Mr Gammon Flaps
20th Jun 2004, 12:59
Thank you for the replies and the pm's gentlemen. They have been exactly what I was looking for.

Daifly:

Thank you, I will email you when I have exact details of their requirements, budgets etc.

Mr G F.

FLEXJET
21st Jun 2004, 19:39
Some links:

www.jetclub.com

www.globaljetconcept.com

www.rath-aviation.com

www.flyinggroup.aero has a Citation Excel based in Cannes (OO-FPA) following the take over of Cap Camarat Business Jet.

FlyMD
22nd Jun 2004, 16:07
I shouldn't be saying this, as I work for a management company myself. but...

The first thing to try is to charter business jets according to your needs for a while, and then compare the expenditures of 6 month or 1 year with the budget of an owned/leased jet, established by a professional.

To charter bizjets on a case-by-case in southern france, try people like:

Airpartners (UK or Switz.)
JetClub Aircharter (Switz)
Or one of those dutch brokers in Amsterdam, whose name escapes me right now, but fights for low prices something fierce...

To establish a reasonable budget for your own bizjet, or for a frax, Execujet (in LSZH) are probably the most professional, although I don't know their fee for this kind of consultancy.

The other advantage of chartering for a while, is that your executives will get a good feel for which kind of jet they really need, instead of picking it out of a shiny brochure...

It's a bit of a headache process, but taking your time to do it right will save a lot of $$ and save somebody in the company from looking like a fool...

727 exec
22nd Jun 2004, 18:15
I'm doing myself out of a potential job here, but...Boutsen Aviation have a brokerage/management operation in Monaco and I think that Bookajet also have a 125 based out of Cannes.

No - I don't work for either of them!!

Whatever aircraft you end up with - use it and enjoy it!