PDA

View Full Version : FlyGold

Sky_hi!
20th Jun 2004, 02:06
Hello

Does anyone have an opinion or know anything about this?

www.flygold.com.au

......interesting

exmax
20th Jun 2004, 08:42
This is Pacific Southwest Engineering or something, that name has been around for quite a few months now and it makes me wonder what type of flying this will be about. Is there really any room for another airline in Australia, what with QF/DJ/JQ etc?:confused:

SkyDude
20th Jun 2004, 15:57
There certainly is room for at least one more carrier in Oz. The theory that our population limits the sustainability of more than a certain number of airlines is one that needs to be challenged.

At present there really is only one product of any quality and that is Qantas. There was a time when there were two.

I think people have realised something is missing in Australian aviation, and they are not quite ready to accept the tacky offerings of DJ/JQ as their only options. If we leave it to them we can say goodbye to the more costly QF domestic product very soon.

I know a lot of people have worked incredibly hard to get this newcomer to where it is now. This is not just some would be if they could be start-up, these people mean business. I think if any airline can really succeed today it would have to be managed and run like this one will be.

This is going to really shake things up. Australia has never seen an airline product like this, and everyone is going to love it!:ok:

Sky_hi!
20th Jun 2004, 23:18
Thanks for the imput Skydude.

Do you know anything about what aircraft they are planning on utilising, is it the Airbus A320s? And is it going to be a business class/first class airline hence the name 'FlyGold.'

I think this is really interesting with Virgin and Jetstar in the market at the moment.

And more over should we all apply??

Wirraway
21st Jun 2004, 03:31
Pacific Southwest Engineering is an ex Ansett LAME with
a great talant for imagination, was rabbiting on that he
would be up and flying about this time last year, wanted
people to work for free in organising this 'Airline'.

Don't hold your breath, as to raise the $$$, is not as easy
to start an airline as this guy seems to think.

Wirraway

SkyDude
21st Jun 2004, 15:23
I don't think this guy thinks starting an airline is easy at all.

I believe the plan is for A320 ops, 2 class product.

Wether to apply or not is up to you I guess!