PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training In Dubai (JAA CPL -ATPL?)

Airgus
19th Jun 2004, 22:48
I wonder if I can get JAA training in Dubai, I am interesting in doing the frozen ATPL and some CPL training there.

Any good distance ATPL course to recommend me?

Thanks.

AG.-

sharksucker
21st Jun 2004, 10:00
Hi Airgus,
think you have to go the way with distance learning, if it really has to be a JAA Licence... UAE is thinking about joining JAA, what I heard, but if at all, this might take some time before being realised...

No Idea about distancelearning like Groeger or others, but doing a UAE CPL you can do for example in Fujairah... Check the other clubs in this list:

http://www.middleastlogistics.com/uae_avia_schoolscolleges.htm

O.k., Fujairah is a 3 hours drive for you, but also check the one in RAK (but for sure they have only SEP, had a look there..).
What about the flying academy of Emirates, any chance to get enrolled with them, as you already work for them?

Maybe ask in the middle east forum, if somebody has an idea...?
To get information about distance learning with german institutions try the german pilots board: www.pilots.de

Good luck, and donīt give up!

Airgus
21st Jun 2004, 15:42
Thanks for the info!

I will join EK as a CC in ten days, I will find out about the academy once I am there, for what I heard I must be a national, anyway I will find out more once I am there.

I will read the web pages you gave me.

Regarding distance learning, i thought about Naples. (the price looks good). I will see.

Thanks.

AirG.-

oxide
28th Jun 2004, 00:00
Dubai Aviation College DAC now no more. Is taken up by Emirates and dubbed Emirates Aviation College. They do not have AbInitio training. Only type ratings on Emirates simulators. They have ATC training from basic.

The Fujairah aviation school.. is no more from the last I heard a few days ago.

I am trying to get atleast my PPL done here or around and then go on for the rest somewhere else. But most have either closed down or have disappeared :uhoh: