PDA

View Full Version : RAF Vacancies

Big Cheese1
19th Jun 2004, 21:10
Just seen this gen from a reliable source

Reasonably hot off the press, but an update on vacancies:

Officer - 81% of all vacancies filled for manpower year 04. 99% of vacancies for Air Branches filled and 78% of ground branch vacancies filled (155/191 vacancies). NCA currently at 52% (46/88 vacancies).

My question is this, I'm off to OASC in little over a week, and if I were successful though there simply wasn't enough vacancies, is there a chance I would be put on an IOT course in '05, or is it simply a case of being unlucky and applying at the wrong time?(again, this is if I were successful at OASC) My branch choices are WSO and Regt(ducks for cover!!:} )

Thanks in advance everyone

BC

Yeller_Gait
19th Jun 2004, 23:10
In my experience, and I have only been to OASC once, if you fit a vacancy, whether or not it is your first choice, you will be offered.

On that basis, if you want to be commissioned aircrew, do not apply for NCA, especially if the numbers you quote are correct. If however you will accept NCA as better than not being offered anything at all, apply for it.

I would do so again

Pontius Navigator
21st Jun 2004, 06:20
Big Cheese, wrong time I fear. FJ nav slots down to 12 per year over next 3 years. Year 4 I think is zilch.

Helo nav slots also on the way out. ME running down too.

FJ pilots steady at 25 per year.

The only bright light is they are into service numbers so into training might be as much as 50% higher with a good chance of washing down to the other branches.

Thing is even the supply boltholt is getting full as the logisitic evolves to Forward and Depth.

Big Cheese1
21st Jun 2004, 08:15
What bothers me most is that I feel I'm heading up to OASC next week, but that they're is no vacancies anyway.

Well chin up I guess, I've got one last week to finish up my prep and truly make next week count.

Thanks for your input so far guys, I'll let u know what happens

BC:ok:

Big Cheese1
21st Jun 2004, 12:39
one other thing, does anybody know of any decent closing speed questions.

I've seen a couple on here, though I couldn't find anymore, and www.timc.clara.net doesn't appear to have any, and if anyone has any quick method they might think is useful then I'd love to see it.

Cheers everyone

BC

Always_broken_in_wilts
21st Jun 2004, 22:20
No Nav slots:ok: ………..bonus at least you are left with a few career options:E .

Have a look at your posted stats and if you don’t think pilot is achievable, which is the only LONG TERM commsioned aircrew branch" select NCA, a career which has a future, and does not impinge on fuel minima's:E

all spelling misatkes are "df" alcohol induced