PDA

View Full Version : ****** Pulling out of NSW

A/F Armed
19th Jun 2004, 07:44
Well its confirmed. M*A*C*A*I*R Airlines are pulling the plug on the NSW operations. They went from 5 runs to 2 runs in the space of a few months and now management have obviously decided that its all too hard. The crew were all notified last night and told that it's all over in 4 weeks. Sad really to see another failed operation. Guess Rex will jump in there and do it. In fact they should be able to make a killing on it!!!! All the crew have been offered positions interstate. See ya guys.

Icarus2001
19th Jun 2004, 08:06
Very sad. Does that mean we can type m a c a i r in a post now without this happening? ******.

Why is their named blocked anyway?

Clearly the NAS savings have come too late to save this airline. A pity, if they could have hung in a little longer John & Martha assured us that GA will be reinvigorated. They must know what they are talking about because they are from the USA, I'm sure you will agree.:rolleyes:

Part Two

They had better update their website then as I just searched for August flights and they were still available.

Iamsureyouwillagree
19th Jun 2004, 08:39
I am sure I will agree

tobzalp
19th Jun 2004, 09:01
Sorry to hijack but this got me thinking. How is Brindabella doing with their Newcastle service these days? Could they maybe take up the local MA slack when the aircraft is up there?

chief wiggum
19th Jun 2004, 13:36
I thought that 'The Duck" was gonna take up the slack out of willy ?

Chocks Away
20th Jun 2004, 05:15
Yes, wasn't it to be with those "(date) Bandits", advertised for crew in the Australian some weeks back?

Spotlight
20th Jun 2004, 08:34
The word is, no mun no fun for Aeroduck. Access to capital is proving difficult. Understandable when you consider the previous byzantine existance.

My best guess though is that where there is a will there is a way.

apacau
20th Jun 2004, 10:24
Brindabella are doing very well on NTL thank you very much. But if you see how much they charge (and how much defence are happy to pay) you can see why. Loads on the metro are quite healthy too. Not so sure about their Albury run though.

Horizon_Pilot
21st Jun 2004, 02:57
Can confirm another kill on the old pulse runs :( .......

We have a good bunch of team-players and we'll get through this situation positively.

Once again, thanks go to everyone for their support :ok:

wessex19
21st Jun 2004, 03:58
the word is that A.A was never keen on old sinny town base

apacau
21st Jun 2004, 05:22
just out of curiousity - what happens to the slots they had at KSA? Up for the highest regional bidder?

Swanrider
21st Jun 2004, 08:34
Room for Big Sky Airlines to move into maybe...?

ZLBoy
23rd Jun 2004, 09:32
I for one really didn't think it would take this long for them to realise they aren't up to LCRPT operations. Having seen first hand their headquaters & operational control I'm surprised they know how to make a cuppa ! I feel for all those who stuck around after HZ. For all those with M23 or M3 endorsements please make sure staff cv is up to date - REX is on the move.

HAMO
23rd Jun 2004, 09:35
ZL BOY

Any talk of Rex looking at these runs?
Sounds like things are really starting to happen at Rex .. regular monthly profits and route expansion - ARM coming on line in Sep

Good luck to you all

From an "old" ZL (hazo) boy!

ZLBoy
23rd Jun 2004, 09:48
Hamo,

Nice to hear your from the fold. REX will look at these runs but it will be done on the basis on council involvement: ie no head tax etc etc. Right now the focus is on ARM and consolidation across the network. Interesting to note that I'm told the last CASA audit only producesd 1 RCA from CASA - the AOC has been renewed for 3 years !!! If true this is quite an achievement !!! From what I'm told they were audited by the new and improved BB audit team.