PDA

View Full Version : Busters Whiskery Part 2

amos2
18th Jun 2004, 13:26
...God help us all if we called it anything else!

Anyway, looks like the Saints are back, much as I hate to say that!
:mad:

TheNightOwl
18th Jun 2004, 23:15
They done good, eh, Amos? I saw only the end of the second quarter and all the second half but, from my observations, they played the Hawks off the field for a well-deserved win.

Anything which keeps Mrs. TNO in a good mood is of benefit to me at home, so "Onya, Saints"!!

Obie: Sorry, old son, your attempt at jest went clean over my head, but then I lose my sense of humour when I hear/read comments like yours. My game has a difficult enough time just surviving in Aus without having to cope with snide carping as well.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

Buster Hyman
19th Jun 2004, 02:57
Aww, that's just great!:* Saints winning...just wait until Stormy logs in! We'll never hear the end of it....:rolleyes:

Then again, the Collingwood bashing thread was closed...so as this is a new one, we could make it a Collingwood & St Kilda bashing thread!!!!!:eek:

TheStormyPetrel
19th Jun 2004, 03:33
Hi amos2 - well done with the new thread :ok:

Hi Buster - how's things? Lovely weather here in Perth. Can't think of anything else I should mention - so have a great weekend of footy :E

amos2
19th Jun 2004, 09:04
What's going on here? No footy on the TV today in SA. Got a match on tonight but that's not good enough!

Other states the same?

What's the number of that wog bloke who runs the AFL? I'll give him a ring.

:mad:

Go Bombers!!! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Whiskery
19th Jun 2004, 09:13
Mid season split round amos. Good enough for you crow eaters:D

.....................and congratulations on starting a completely impartial thread where supporters of any team are subject to a "bashing" :p

PIES getting a well earned rest - Swannies will be a tough game. Well done Hawkers, pity you couldn't have kept up the first half intensity.

Nostradamus - Bombers, dead meat on Friday the 13th August !

------ oh.and amos...........that would be Andrew Demetriou, not the co-ordinator for the Athens Olympics - He is the numero uno of the AFL :ok:

Buster Hyman
19th Jun 2004, 09:35
Ahh...W.A.! 3 hours & 15 years behind!;) :p ;) :p Enjoy the sun Stormy...almost snowed here today!:ooh:

Whiskery...Have you organised yourself to be here to watch a slaughter? I'll buy you the only Hot Pie you'll see all day, from the snack bar!;)

amos2
19th Jun 2004, 10:22
You know, Buster, this bloke Whiskers worries me.

He's more up to date than we are!

I don't think he's an international pilot overseas.

I think he's an air traffic controller in Adelaide! :p

Kaptin M
19th Jun 2004, 11:37
A truer. bluer Oz, than Whiskery you'd NEVER meet, Amos :ok:

REGARDLESS of where he is in the world, Victoria has ALWAYS been the Capital of it...and - according to him - VB its life blood!!:ok:

amos2
19th Jun 2004, 13:00
So give me a clue M...is he ex Ansett or TAA?

I guess being a pies supporter he'd have to be ex TAA?

Buster Hyman
19th Jun 2004, 13:01
Well, if he drinks VB, then he can't be a pilot! Everyone knows that they can afford Crownies!:} ;) :p

Kaptin M
19th Jun 2004, 13:29
Now now Amos - you're gunna have to keep sniffing...but here's a bone.
He was the "Captain" of Blue Flight......and later all of NASA* :eek: in about 1971 or '72.

Singapore Airlines were fortunate enough to snag him late '89/early 1990:cool:

My oversight, Buster - he frequently dilutes his VB's with Crownies:}

*That's the Australian NASA of course - the one of Cessnock fame!

The Voice
20th Jun 2004, 04:55
Strike a light Kappy M is there anyone that you don't know in this wacky world of aviation?

go the Bombers! :E

Buster Hyman
20th Jun 2004, 07:27
Well, he doesn't know me!;)

Fair dinkum, barracking for the Dons is the hardest job in the world I reckon...almost as bad as following the Pies!:{

amos2
20th Jun 2004, 10:18
...and talking about The Bombers...

we're still in there!!!! ( bloody demons, you'll get yours!) :mad:

The Voice
20th Jun 2004, 14:18
I reckon that following the Dockers would have to be mighty hard work, even harder than following the Pies, Crows, Hawks or the Swans ..

.. come to think of it .. why are some footy teams nic-named after bluddy birds anyway?

Buster Hyman
20th Jun 2004, 22:11
It's a brave person that admits to following the Dockers! (...tee-hee...snigger,snigger...);)

TheStormyPetrel
20th Jun 2004, 22:51
Interesting question, Voice. There used to be an ad where footballers were associated with meat pies and the catch line was The big men fly for a Herbert Adams pie
Maybe all that "flying" went to their heads. :\

Now the ladder .....
1 St Kilda 44
2 Melbourne 40
3 Brisbane Lions 36
4 Port Adelaide 36
5 Geelong 32
6 Essendon 32
9 Sydney Swans 24
10 Carlton 24
11 West Coast Eagles 20
12 Adelaide 16
13 Western Bulldogs 16
14 Collingwood 16 ***
15 Richmond 16
16 Hawthorn 8

You have to be hardy if you are a Hawks supporter this year. As a Saints supporter I've known that feeling!

***I love to see the Pies down there. :p

Whiskery
21st Jun 2004, 00:04
A pleasant evening out with two poms and a yarpee. The poms are convinced that England will take out the next ashes series (I think they beat En Zed 3-0 in their last test series, so they are now world beaters!) and Smutse reckons the Springboks are going to whip the Wallabies whenever ! :*

Ask them about Aussie Rules......................:mad:

Thank you Stormy for the latest ladder and your rude comment about the mighty Magpies - this is no longer a bash Collingwood thread. As is was started by amos, it is probably bash anything and anybody. :p

Sorry, can't make the game on the 13th Buster , not enough leave left in the year. I shall think of you and amos both crying in your beer after the game. :{ Surely Essendon aren't seriously thinking of giving Sheedy the heave ho ? I know how embarrassing it must be to get walloped by the "Chardonnay Club" but hey............ guys, it's only a game:ok:

Kap if you knew me that well, you know I would NEVER dilute a fine beer such as Victoria Bitter with that sewer water, Crown Lager ;) Interesting mix that, probably taste like Coopers or Tuohys New :E

The Voice there is no harder work than following Collingwood - I have 40 years experience to prove it !!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hawks for wooden spoon this year and Brisbane Lions four straight. Sorry Cat supporters BUT that win was in your own kitty litter bin down there at "Mawson" and the Lions had come off a tough match (toungue in cheek for Buster and amos) with the Bombers :ok:

I'm off to bed to dream about 1990 - please come back Leigh

:{

Buster Hyman
21st Jun 2004, 02:24
please come back Leigh
and bring all those Lions players with you! I think that's how the prayer goes Whiskery!!!:p

Sheedy is playing it as cagey as ever. He wants 3 years & the Dons want to give him 2. Frawley is in danger at Tigerland & they'll happily give him the "heave ho" (speaking of Dockers) at the end of the season! That means Sheedy is back on the Tigers agenda & Sheeds will use that to either get what he wants at Bomberland or make the "romantic" move back to Punt Rd.

I'm sorry to say Whiskery, but both the Pies & Dons have had their chances in the last 3 years & I can't see either getting up again with their current lists. You've got time with you in Malthouse, but I think the Sheedy era for us is drawing to a close. I'm not a critic of Sheeds at all, but I think that there's a new era of rebuilding ahead & I doubt if he's got the longevity to be there for all of it.:8

amos2
25th Jun 2004, 09:29
...and you call yourself a Bombers supporter Buster?

I think Woomera should step in here and give you some time out! :mad:

PS: The swans will kill the pies tomorrow night!

The Voice
25th Jun 2004, 11:32
ah yes, I remember the final of '90 ..

The bombers played a filthy game, and I was watching it in Sydney town with an absolute die hard 'pies fan!

The win was so momentus, a parra wirra port was cracked and used to toast the victors .. very nice it was too, even from the losing end ..

Buster Hyman
25th Jun 2004, 13:30
You must've been watching a different game to me Voicey! TD gave him a fair hip n shoulder & after that, all the little magpie snipers came out...that's the only incident of significance that I can recall.:confused:

TheStormyPetrel
26th Jun 2004, 14:51
I absolutely refuse to feel sorry for 'pies' supporters. Even under such difficult circumstances for them, I simply refuse :E

The Voice
27th Jun 2004, 00:13
But Buster buddy .. I remember lots of biffo and other boy stuff happening right throughout the game .. but the port was bluddy nice :\

Stormy .. I see we girls are likeminded!

perhaps a gang of two even .. should make for interesting times :8

Whiskery
27th Jun 2004, 23:24
Well done WALLABIES !

Well done Adam Scott !

Well done Sydney !

I have leave from the 2nd September to 27 September 2004, if anyone wants a swap, PM me and it's all yours ! :mad:

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 01:38
Keep it Whiskery! Treat yerself to some "quality" AFL teams playing finals footy!!!:E

Whiskery
28th Jun 2004, 08:49
Forget it Buster. Already done that......................2002 heartbreak, 2003 bloody pathetic and now :mad:

As I said to the Voice , it's hard work being a Pies supporter and I've had it for this season. Off to the sandpit next week for a tour of duty in DXB. Got a couple of old TAA mates down there with the Emirates and will concentrate on getting my golf handicap back to 12. :p

Good luck to all the Lions/Fitzroy supporters you lucky ba$tards are in for number four ! Hang in there Saints - you'll have to wait your turn. :sad:

Hey Buster and amos, sorry to say lads, but the Bombers aren't going past the elimination finals this year. May do better next year under Mark Harvey. :E

All the best and enjoy the rest of the season - one and all !

amos2
28th Jun 2004, 09:08
It was fun while it lasted.

Enjoy the golf. :ok:

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 11:00
Well, as I always say...It's not whether you win, it's how you play the game that counts!!! And I say that every time we get bundled out early!:{

If you're in the region, say hello to some of my ex AN mates at Dnata Whiskery!:ok: And don't forget to slip,slop,slap!

Kaptin M
28th Jun 2004, 11:14
Did you still get that biryani rice as a crew meal out of there, Whiskery??
THE Best I've tasted anywhere! (Except from Mrs J's kitchen, of course :bored: )

Say "G'day" to the ex-AN blokes from me as well will ya - I'll shout you a cold Crownie next time we bump into each other :}

Buster Hyman
28th Jun 2004, 11:44
I KNEW IT!!!

It's only you pilots that can afford Crownies!:*

BAE146
30th Jun 2004, 04:25
Here's a little swan song for you whiskery and all your loyal Collingwood supporters.

Cheer, Cheer, the Red and the White,
Honour the name, by day and by night;
Lift that noble banner high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great, or small,
Swans will go in and win over all;
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory.

Looking forward to having a beer with you. Too hot for golf and my spys tell me you won't have much spare time anyway 'cause you work your asses off down here. Gary T. wants your WEG 1990 and Billy Picken posters ! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Buster Hyman
30th Jun 2004, 06:18
Whiskery.

I'm off to the "dome" on Friday for the Dons v. Roos game. I'll be in the Medallion club & I'll raise a Crownie to you & the demise of your beloved Maggies!

(PS. I've been saving up all year to buy a Crownie.;) )

Whiskery
30th Jun 2004, 09:59
Ah, Buster..........would love to be downing a Crownie at any rules match at the moment. I still can't afford Crown Lager !The Kaptin can afford them because he has a lucrative Japanese contract which pays him BIG $$$$.;) Ain't that right Kap !

You should beat the 'Roos - read on the AFL website that Sheeds has signed for another three years. I suppose Mark Harvey will get either the Crows or Richmond.:eek:

146 you can tell "Banger" he's a real comedian. I would never sell my Weg 1990 Premiership flyer and he could never afford Billy Picken's poster. :* :mad: Check your PMs - I will be a little late getting to DXB. :mad: crew scheduling !

HOT PIES................get your ............HOT PIES !

amos2
30th Jun 2004, 11:42
...what can I say?

He is beyond help! The sandpit has sucked him in!

What a pity! :{

TheStormyPetrel
4th Jul 2004, 08:33
*sigh*

The Saints and the Bombers didn't really inspire this weekend.

and the Pies won their match :{

Buster Hyman
4th Jul 2004, 10:37
Geez Stormy...keep it down will ya! Whiskery may have missed the result!

For the record...what an insipid match (Dons v Roos). Glimpses of brilliance littered with stunning stupidity! September holidays will not be required by me!:(

amos2
5th Jul 2004, 05:56
Is it too late to swap to the Lions?

Or can't we do that?

Buster Hyman
5th Jul 2004, 06:38
I'd give it away before I went that far amos!

You know, things are looking pretty bad now. I might start following the VFL again!:uhoh: Mind you, I'm starting to enjoy "Late Night Poker" on the idiot box...that might do!

Kaptin M
5th Jul 2004, 12:06
Maate, the bikkies ain't that big here anymore :{

George f#*+ing Bush has made sure the USD went the same way as the Twin Towers, and the Jap economy is going the opposite way to the kamikaze pilots of WWii.
Still, I'm managing to survive - cutting the cloth to measure (it's about mini-skirt length now!!)

So the ONLY reason that I'm checking back on this thread for replies, is to try to find out if the Biryani (or should that be Briyani??) rice is still uplifted ex-DXB?

And have you given the fags away yet??:eek:
(Amos and Buster need NOT reply!!)

Edit:- It was a red wine typo - thanks Buster:uhoh:

Buster Hyman
5th Jul 2004, 22:54
Oh...but how could I resist?:E

You have to go to SYD to get giveaway fags Kaptin!:rolleyes:

PS Where's DBX (or was it a typo?)

Whiskery
7th Jul 2004, 21:39
Yes, the biryani is still served out of DXB Kap and you don't have to be a local these days to secure one !
As for the fags(?) no, I am still straight ! :cool:

Buster & Amos it is still possible that the PIES could make the finals. I know you would have to be a mathematica genius to figure it out. :mad:

Buster Hyman
7th Jul 2004, 22:35
It's also possible that they could change the rules & the Pies could be relegated to the VFL!!!;)

amos2
8th Jul 2004, 03:39
Well, I'm not a genius let alone a mathematica genius, so I guess I'll have to wait for next year...like Whiskers!! :*

BAE146
10th Jul 2004, 03:53
BWwwAAHAHA hahahahah.........................Pythagorus couldn't get Collingwood into the eight now ! Come on whiskery ............time to follow a real team, I'll get you $0.50 for your Billy Picken poster and a Lion's membership for next season. :cool:

Buster Hyman
10th Jul 2004, 07:22
And after a woeful night at the dome...some little cheer for the Dons!

TheStormyPetrel
10th Jul 2004, 08:35
Essendon 24. 11. (155) def Richmond 11.11 (77)

Someone will be happy :)

amos2
10th Jul 2004, 09:51
So, I have a question for Whiskery...two actually!

Q.1. That mathematical formula you were talking about that would get the Pies into the finals...can you run that past me again?

Q.2. Does it work for the Bombers also?

;)

The Voice
11th Jul 2004, 01:55
Well Stormy, I was a happy girly when I saw the end result!

Did I hear a whisper that Sheeds has signed on for the next 3 as well????

(I can NOT believe that I have taped - yes, taped... last nights replay of the crow's game ... and what's worse is that I'm sharing the same room as it is being watched in, by my dear old dad from crowsville!! One of us needs a life, and it ain't me!)

Buster Hyman
11th Jul 2004, 06:38
amos...apart from the fact that not even mathematics can help them now, I believe that formula was the same one NASA used to plot a Lunar orbit!:E

BAE146
11th Jul 2004, 09:20
Yeah.................come on whiskerey let's have a mathmatics lesson.................tell us NOW how your beloved PIEs are going to make the finals. I reckon the oven has died and your HOT HOT PIES are in fact freezing cold pastry butts !!

Give'im sh!t buster and amos.:{ :{

amos2
11th Jul 2004, 10:04
AW! c'mon ALF...

what about some compassion here? :8

Buster Hyman
11th Jul 2004, 22:40
.............................Right! That's about as much compassion as I can give any Collingwood supporter!:} However, as Whiskery is a fellow aviation professional, here's some more........thats all!;) :p

Whiskery
14th Jul 2004, 03:23
Just think of all those yummy draft picks ! :ok:

146 - Get :mad:

amos: A.1. Get :mad: A.2. refer to answer 1.

TheStormyPetrel
15th Jul 2004, 16:49
This weekend is the last round that the Saints play against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. After that it's all teams that are currently top runners. I do hope we're ready for it, as it looks challenging!!

Next weekend against Essendon will be interesting ;)

The Voice
16th Jul 2004, 02:17
anything against Essendon any weekend ias A L W A Y S interesting :E

Buster Hyman
16th Jul 2004, 02:44
These days, I only tape Essendon games when I know the result. Saves wear & tear on the tape, the telly, the cat, the walls, the windows.....:ugh:

Buster Hyman
16th Jul 2004, 13:28
I'll give Collingwood one thing, they don't start at 16th, climb as high as challenging for second spot, and then start a long agonising tumble back to the bottom! They're consistantly bad this year...you lucky thing you!

TheStormyPetrel
16th Jul 2004, 14:00
Shame about the Bombers......

GoGirl
16th Jul 2004, 17:39
The Lions will kick butt again this year.....the rest is all just technical really :p

Hot pies, cold drinks, get yer hot pies
;)

GG

3 Holer
17th Jul 2004, 06:25
I do believe you are correct GoGirl - the Lions will "kick butt" again this year but whether it will be enough to win a fourth flag won't be known until 1700hrs on the 25th September. They will be kicking butt again tonight that's for sure - sorry Whiskery.

Very pleasant watching Essendon get thrashed by the Eagles last night and the subsequent scarf waving at the end of the game.

Hope Dustin Fletcher is OK. It was refreshing to see the Eagle's dentist helping out. Goes to show, doesn't matter how tough and competitive it is on the ground, off the field, you assist injured players no matter whose side you're on.

Buster Hyman
17th Jul 2004, 09:47
Sorry 3 holer, but I'm a bit suspicious...:suspect:...I think he's secretly injected him with a substance that will make Dustin, inexplicably, do report worthy things like tripping, charging, striking, whenever Essendon need him...oh wait....:rolleyes:...never mind!:hmm:

TheStormyPetrel
19th Jul 2004, 15:38
We're getting towards the pointy end of the season now:

Round 17 coming up - and as it stands.....

1 St Kilda 48
2 Brisbane Lions 48
3 Port Adelaide 48
4 Melbourne 48
5 Geelong 40
6 Fremantle 36
7 Sydney Swans 36
8 Essendon 36

and.....

nah, never mind the rest!!

And I didn't even mention the Magpies!!

3 Holer
19th Jul 2004, 21:48
Who are the Magpies Stormy ? ;)

TheStormyPetrel
23rd Jul 2004, 03:53
Big night tonight!!! The Bombers must be worried, bringing back Hird despite his injury.

Magpies? - unpopular birds with big egos - oops, I mean beaks

Buster Hyman
23rd Jul 2004, 08:14
Big Night tonight!!!! Saints must be worried, Hamill is out trying to do an Ackermanis & Latham all at once!!!

TheStormyPetrel
23rd Jul 2004, 12:12
What a great final quarter!!

Buster Hyman
23rd Jul 2004, 15:06
Stop hijacking the thread Stormy...this is all about Collingwood, remember!:rolleyes:

:uhoh: Oh well, think of how much Amos & I will save in September!:{

TheStormyPetrel
24th Jul 2004, 12:24
I apologise for any appearance of hijacking this thread. I recognise that trying to excuse myself because the Saints are a brilliant team, top of the ladder and are the team I support is futile. I accept that the Saints' supporters must confine their comments to Magpies-related comments, but that's tricky, because the Pies won tonight. :rolleyes: :(

Buster, it might be over to you and I'll just stay quiet.

Buster Hyman
24th Jul 2004, 13:41
;) :p :ok: ...................:E

Whiskery
1st Aug 2004, 00:16
Am I suffering sunstroke from the desert heat or did the email I received from bro-in-law telling me that Essendon beat Port Power last night a fact ? :{

WHAT is going on ? I have just researched the Herald Sun and see where Sydney beat the Lions which did not surprise me BUT - BOMBERS beating Port. Better get your finals tickets organised Buster and Amos ! I wouldn't mind getting tickets myself just to see Essendon go out in the elimination final ;) :p

The Voice
1st Aug 2004, 00:46
Whiskery one .. YUP .. trounced by 'em 40 points!! I think the Port girls didn't like the strip they were playing in .. :E

Bet the BOMBERS don't fail in the elim final either :8

amos2
1st Aug 2004, 06:43
It was all very simple really...
we just applied that mathematical formula that Whiskery kindly passed on to us and bingo...
bob's your uncle! :p

Heatseeker
5th Aug 2004, 09:42
GO THE DUCKS

(10 more characters added to keep the Mod from throwing rocks at me)

Heat

Whiskery
7th Aug 2004, 00:47
How sweet it is :ok:

Buster Hyman
7th Aug 2004, 07:50
DOH!!!!!

Whiskery
11th Aug 2004, 03:44
I thought you and Amos may be interested in a small wager on Friday night's game. Then again, unlike the PIES, the Bombers are not travelling too well at the moment!

HOT PIES..................GET your....................HOT, HOT PIES !;)

Buster Hyman
11th Aug 2004, 04:06
I wouldn't feel comfortable stealing your money Whiskery!;)

amos2
12th Aug 2004, 06:15
...you're on for ten bucks!

Loser donates the ten to a church or charity, ok? :p

( Like taking candy from a baby! )

Whiskery
12th Aug 2004, 07:48
Very charitable of you Amos to donate $10 to your local church or charity ! In the unlikely event the Mighty Pies should lose I shall forward $10 to the Salvation Army - there are only mosques in this part of the world.

Come on Buster - going to join in the fun ! :ok:

Buster Hyman
12th Aug 2004, 11:57
Alrighty then amigo! The lonely Busters fund it is....alternatively, the salvos can have a tenner!:ok:

PLUS.....

An extra Oxford Scholar for every goal Tarrant kicks!

Whiskery
13th Aug 2004, 02:02
Very generous of you Buster ! :p

I will not, however, be following suite with your Matty Lloyd - he will probably end up kicking 10 tonight with a sore shoulder. :mad:

Wish I could be there with you guys but I will have enough fun reading tomorrow's HS then tuning into Pprune and reading all the excuses from yourself and Amos ! :{ :{ :suspect:

AirNoServicesAustralia
13th Aug 2004, 06:05
Not to try and Hijack the thread Whiskery, but while it's not quite Aussie Rules, there are a few of us Aussies here who (try to) play Gaelic football. Me and a about 3 other Aussies play for Abu Dhabi, and there are also a few aussie guys playing for the Dubai team. A couple of times a year we have tournaments in Bahrain and Dubai, where teams come from all over the gulf (last one in Dubai, had Qatar, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and a couple of Saudi teams).

As I said it's not quite Aussie rules, but we play as best we can with the round ball, and then usually break out the sherrin for a kick. Usually lots of beer is to be had (cos the Irish hate a drink!), and generally is a bit of fun. The Dubai guys play out at the Rugby 7's ground, near the Dubai country club, and it all starts up near the end of September and runs through till about April. As I said a bit of fun.

Go Blues (big reason why I am over here :{ hopefully 5 years in the gulf and I can return to Melbourne and follow a top team again :E )

Buster Hyman
13th Aug 2004, 12:38
WET PIES!...GET YER SOGGY WET PIES!!!!! :E :E

Keep the $10 Whiskery...I'm starting to feel sorry for yer!:\

Whiskery
14th Aug 2004, 07:14
Nah, she's right Buster, I'll donate it to the Salvos and feel good inside about the fact it will probably end up feeding a couple of Bombers supporters at the soup kitchen for two weeks !:}

PIES alive in 2005 !:ok:

Buster Hyman
14th Aug 2004, 14:42
Need a new thread for that one!;)

Buster Hyman
21st Aug 2004, 02:03
Will the PIES survive 2005???:E

Buster Hyman
21st Aug 2004, 12:14
DOH!!!!!

Buster Hyman
27th Aug 2004, 14:09
Losing to Carlton...that's gotta hurt!:ugh:

Whiskery
29th Aug 2004, 05:16
As bad as losing to the Bulldogs Buster !

See you all next season lads and all the best to the Brisbane Lions on their fourth straight !:ok:

Buster Hyman
29th Aug 2004, 22:40
No worries Whiskery!:ok: Besides, this thread has but a week to run...:{ ...unless Stormy comes back & lets us know about the Saints!:)

TheStormyPetrel
30th Aug 2004, 23:01
Well.......

I am rather holding my breath until this week's match is over. Wish I felt a bit more optimistic about it.

And in the bigger picture, I don't want Whiskery to be right (on this occasion)!

As for holding this thread up single-handedly after this week, Buster, isn't it too soon to give up on the Bombers?

Has anyone else noticed that this thread seems stuck in it's position, and doesn't move up after a new post? Buster's 12th August 2004 19:57 post seems to have caused it to stick. What did you do, Buster?

The Voice
30th Aug 2004, 23:16
GO the BOMBERS ...

should be an interesting few weeks ahead ..

yeah .. who broke the toy ..? there I was thinking nobody cared anymore about the footy .. by chance only, did I wander in here to find out you all still do!

TheStormyPetrel
4th Sep 2004, 02:28
*sigh*

Not a good result :(

Buster Hyman
4th Sep 2004, 09:07
Nothing from my end Stormy. However, I suppose it was a good post!:E :ouch:

Speaking of the Saints, I went to the STK v FREO match. I don't want to be a doomsayer Stormy, but if pure luck got the Bombers through week one, it was the double chance that got your mob through!:(

TheStormyPetrel
4th Sep 2004, 13:44
Okay Buster, how do you see this playing out?
Grand final Saints v Bombers?