PDA

View Full Version : United Kingdom will register the rainbow of the travellers

peb
17th Jun 2004, 21:04
I dont know if this threat has been made before.

The United Kingdom will register the rainbow of the travellers to increase to the airport security

Scanners of retina will settle in Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Stansted, indeed the airports of more traffic of passengers. The registry of a million people in this security system is expected. Also the foreigners will add themselves who regularly live in the United Kingdom with visa on student or work.

L D (Agencies) In the maximum term of a year, the Gallic company Sagem will be able in operation the machines necessary to make ocular analyses in the British airports. The system, whose
duration is considered in five years, tries to accelerate the controls on the frequent passengers, who will be able "to register" their rainbow to avoid other controls of security.

The airports where they will settle scanners of retina will be five greater of the Kingdom: Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Stansted, indeed those of more traffic of passengers. Therefore, the Government hopes that a million people "are registered" in this security system. Also the foreigners will add who regularly live in the United Kingdom with visa on student or work.

DES Brown, British minister of immigration, affirms that the use of the biométrica technology, that that uses the physical characteristics to determine the identity, will be a voluntary service that will give security still more to the identification systems, because the rainbow is a characteristic unique and characteristic of each person almost impossible to falsify. This will make the controls of immigration "still more safe" affirmed.

---------------------

What is next!!

jmc-man
17th Jun 2004, 21:16
Can we have the English version of this?

peb
17th Jun 2004, 21:18
Sorry. I only have the spanish version:

http://www.libertaddigital.com/noticias/noticia_1276225515.html

If you tell me what part is not clear I will try to repair it.

:ok:

Tuba Mirum
18th Jun 2004, 10:39
The only real confusion here lies in peb's translation of the Spanish "iris" as "rainbow". peb, in English that part of the eye is simply called the iris.

An improved translation might read as follows:

The UK will register the iris patterns of travellers to improve airport security

Retina scanners will be installed at Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Stansted, the airports with the highest numbers of travellers. It is hoped to register 1 million people in this security system. Foreigners resident in the UK on a student or work permit will also be added to the system.

Within a year, the French firm Sagem will install the equipment required to implement eye pattern analysis in British airports. The system, which is expected to have a lifetime of five years, claims to speed up controls over frequent travellers, who will be able to register their iris patterns so as to avoid the need for other security controls.

The scanners will be installed in the five biggest airports in the UK: Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Stansted, these being the airports with the highest number of passengers. Accordingly, the government hopes that a million people will be registered in this security system. Foreigners resident in the UK on a student or work permit will also be added to the system.

Des Brown, UK minister for immigration, states that the use of biometric technology, i.e. the use of physical features to establish identity, will be a voluntary procedure giving even more security to identification systems, since the iris is a unique feature characteristic of each individual, and almost impossible to falsify. He stated that this would make identification systems "even more secure".

peb
18th Jun 2004, 12:14
Silly me. Iris in Spanish is IRIS. Sorry :O

:ok:

Bezi l
18th Jun 2004, 13:21
just glad we got the English version...

shouldn't the UK have ID cards first??

London Lass
18th Jun 2004, 16:03
No chance, Part of a project that will lead into the new eborders phase. STN, LGW BHX and MAN are all down as getting these. Initally the Home office will pay but hope that the time saved per pax will encourage other UK airports to install the scanners.

Basicly Home office won't be paying for anymore than it has to.