PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Asset Register

Sikpupi
17th Jun 2004, 14:40
Hi

I am grasping at straws here!!!

But I am looking for a PC based program for control and depreciation of my Fixed Assets. I am not looking for a 'bells n whistles' system....just a simple system that my Auditor will ne happy with.

I know..I know....not very aviation orientated but I presume that not all PPruners are pilots...maybe there is a 'number-cruncher' out their that has the ideal solution.

Thanks

BOAC
17th Jun 2004, 15:49
Sikpupi - I see you have 3 questions active on this forum. It would be appreciated if you could give those who have responded some feedback?

Evo
17th Jun 2004, 16:50
But I am looking for a PC based program for control and depreciation of my Fixed Assets. I am not looking for a 'bells n whistles' system....just a simple system that my Auditor will ne happy with.

Microsoft Money - or is that too simple?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Jun 2004, 17:36
Sikpupi,

In the U.S. we have a program called Quick Books that will do this for you. I am sure there is something similar which is designed for Ireland.

I would also talk to your accountant, since they should know which program would work best for your needs.

Take Care,

Richard

Sikpupi
17th Jun 2004, 19:17
Many thanks for the replies....

You see I have an accounting package in operation but ot doesn't have a Fixed Asset module. I didn't particularly want to move accounting packages as this would involved a whole heap of training etc.

My accountants are recommending a stand-alone system for Stg3,500 but this seems overkill for what I need.

Appreciate the help though!!

Rgds

Sikpupi

Naples Air Center, Inc.
18th Jun 2004, 12:35
Sikpupi,

That does sound like overkill. I thought you were looking for an new program that would encompass everything for you.

If you are comfortable programming in a language such as BASIC, you could easily write your own program to do the calculations for you. I am pretty sure you could do the same with an Excel spreadsheet, where you just plug in the date and it calculates the depreciation for you.

Is something like this what you are looking for?

Investment and Business Valuation template (http://www.excelbusinesstools.com/investval.htm)

http://www.excelbusinesstools.com/screenshots/investval.jpg

Take Care,

Richard

Sikpupi
18th Jun 2004, 16:49
Richard

Many thanks...... I'll mess around with the template over the next few days and revert.

Talk soon

Sikpupi

E-Liam
19th Jun 2004, 09:05
Hi Sikpupi,

If Excel does it, then that is by far the most flexible way to do accounts, and are acceptable to accountants, taxmen etc.

A few years ago, the software of choice was Sage Accounting. I was trying to find an older freeware version on the net, and I canme across this link...

http://www.taxsites.com/software2.html

Scroll down to the Fixed Assett section at the bottom. I haven't checked any of them out, but if you do need something more specific, then I'm sure you'll find it here.. :ok: :)

Cheers

Liam