PDA

View Full Version : Universal to Manaus

latinaviation
16th Jun 2004, 12:19
Universal Airlines operated a special charter flight to Manaus, Brazil, with the aim of adding the city to its network later this year, along with Toronto. Universal is owned by two Guyanese sisters and operates a single Boeing 767-300 ER to and from New York, Ft. Lauderdale, Guyana, Suriname and Trinidad.

An article detailing the flight and expansion to Manaus and Toronto can be found on their site at http://www.universal-airlines.com.

Panama Jack
16th Jun 2004, 18:20
Here's wishing them well.

AeroBoero
17th Jun 2004, 09:07
If they have a attractive price and do a good marketing throughout the region they can be successful actually as for someone who wants to go to MIA or JFK has to take a flight to São Paulo, a 3:30 + hours flight southward and then go back North. They could use also the tourists from the US that find this also inconvenient.

Good luck to them.

latinaviation
17th Jun 2004, 11:51
I think Manaus would do well. I understand LAB does ok on the MIA-MAO sector. TAM tried it with the A-320 and failed, but their frequency was daily.

flufdriver
3rd Jul 2004, 20:36
There must be quite a few outfits operating (pax) in and out of Manaus, I hear the city mentioned more and more often in a tourism context.

Amazon cruises and all.