PDA

View Full Version : Air Ambulance at QMC Nottingham

Boxer42
16th Jun 2004, 11:37
Noticed a Bo105 air ambulance landing in what appeared to be a car park at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham this morning. I work nearby and often see these arriving but they have always (at least when I see them) landed at the Nottingham Tennis Centre, approx half a mile away.

Does anybody know if landing in the grounds is a regular occurance or if this is now permanent.

No particular reason for wanting to know, just that I have an interest in aviation and pass by the place everyday.

jamestlowe
16th Jun 2004, 11:54
Could it be because of the ATP Nottingham Open taking place, they've had to make other arrangements for the week?

ec135driver
16th Jun 2004, 18:36
QMC has two HLS's, for severe cases where time is critical they land at a (very) confined area close to the A&E, though it still requires a short land ambulance transfer. The other, more distant site is for patients that are not time critical.

Governormalfunction
16th Jun 2004, 20:53
Driver..........that's not confined!!!!!

TeeS
17th Jun 2004, 09:18
Governormalfunction Is that you Mac?

"Standard landing sites are for standard pilots"

Cheers

TeeS

Boxer42
17th Jun 2004, 11:27
Thanks for the responses.

Never thought about the Nottingham Open being on despite living here!! It has obviously been overshadowed by Euro 2004.

The area that it was landing in did look pretty confined to me, but then again I am not a pilot.

Thanks again.