PDA

View Full Version : Aurigny

bacardi walla
16th Jun 2004, 09:56
Just wondering if anyone has any info relating to what it's like to work for Aurigny i.e. the people, terms and conditions, pay etc. Be interested to hear both positive and negative views.
Cheers

White Knight
17th Jun 2004, 08:19
When I was there it was a great place. Had NO complaints:ok:

Virginia Plane
18th Jun 2004, 18:34
Good aircraft types to start a flying career on.
Demanding conditions to fly in.
Company organisation is a shambles (like most small airlines).
Terms and Conditions are poor (again like most small airlines).
Pay will equal cost of living if you are lucky!
Island life is a matter of taste. Most people soon get fed up with it.

Aurigny is a place to either semi-retire to if you have money in the bank or go to as a first job so long as you don't stay long. If it's your first job you don't have a choice...take it and be grateful.

bacardi walla
19th Jun 2004, 07:43
Interesting replies so far, thanks :ok:

VP8
19th Jun 2004, 19:00
Hey BW

Thinking of going for the Ops job that's going??

VEEPS :E

bacardi walla
20th Jun 2004, 09:47
VP8 I know of someone who might so just trying to find out the score with packages etc :ok:

hifive11
20th Jun 2004, 10:00
bacardi walla

People are friendly and the airlilne itself is expanding and looking at new routes all the time.

I know they have or are taking on people under contract for the ATR and there are several local wannabes after work. If they meet the required qualifications they should get offered a position first due to the local housing laws.

As you can see from ppjn the pay is not good and the cost of accommodation can be pretty steep, so is the general cost of living.

Island life is good as long as you can get off it sometimes, better than the M25 any day.

I don't know what you are looking for but the Trislander is single pilot operation and you can have some really interesting inter-island flights during the winter. These are based in GCI, JER and also ACI. Alderney has no housing restrictions and the rent is cheaper.

I am not sure what ops job is going at Aurigny at the moment, but the main operations is based in Alderney - even smaller than Guernsey.

I do know that Flybe were after ops people in GCI but salary is about £15500 and once again due housing laws, these will probably go to locals.

hi5 :ok:

VP8
20th Jun 2004, 19:18
Hey Up BW

No probs, looked interesting:ok:

VEEPS