PDA

View Full Version : Female pilot wannabe~

pengw
16th Jun 2004, 09:47
I would like to apply for the SIA cadet training and i would like to know if being a female individual will lower my chance to get in?

and i have read the SIA contract posted here and it states that if i am deem unfit for the training halfway my family would have to pay the training expenses that SIA sponsored . It sounds freaking to me so i would know to learn more about whats the percentage of students who could actually finish the entire training process and must it be straight passes all the way for all the exams? (if one fails ATPL test will he get kick out?)

THANKS!!! :O

jabba-777
16th Jun 2004, 14:30
Hey pengw,

Yeah u should apply for the Cadetship. SIA do have a few cadets here training at Jandakot airport, where their flying college is. I know this, cos i live almost 5 mins away from the airport, also i met a cadet there nearly 1.5 years ago, hes on the 777 now btw, and he was telling me that SIA Group took their first female cadet pilot and she was going to join Silk Air after her training. Um this woul have been in 2002. I was there about a month or two ago, just driving by the airport and I also saw a female cadet there, so im sure they are taking female cadets now and maybe pretty regularly. Also im quite sure my friend told me the female cadets have like a separate wing, of the accomdation block, so u won't be stuck with guys.

Um with the training costs, i think every goes thru that, u prob need a guarantee so that if you don't complete your training, somebody will have to reimburse back the airline for the costs.
But also i have a feeling they may ask you questions about family life, etc would u want to have a family blah blah, stuff like that.
so i guess u should be prepared as to how you are to answer those questions.

But other than that to answer you question, yes they are taking female cadets and if u meet the selection criteria, they should offer you a position. all the best of luck if you apply for it :ok:

regards
Ajaib

Oh
i forgot to reply the last part u asked.

Um i can\'t give you percentages as to how many ppl pass. But i think its pretty high. Speaking to another cadet, he said the people who fail are the ones that piss around and waste time, don\'t care
do stupid stuff when flying, not obeying air law, flying over the ocean when they aren\'t supposed to, flying to low, stuff like that.
they are the ones that get terminated. So if u be good and nice, and learn, obey and etc etc it will take you far.
As for the ATPL exams, um my friend did mention to me that u can fail a few exams and they will allow you to resit them. I guess it depends how much you fail by. Also he said the pass mark is 70% and they do negative marking, but im not sure about that now nearly 3 plus years ago when he sat the ATPL.

Hope that helps
Regards
Ajaib