PDA

View Full Version : SpotLight Technology

İhris
15th Jun 2004, 22:34
Does anyone have any experience with using SpotLight technology software?

This system is available to all operators of CRJ's, and many operators of Q400's. There are several other aircraft too.

Their website for Casebank Technologies Inc (http://www.casebank.com) has plenty of information on the software.

It is a troubleshooting system, using case-based reasoning.

Anyone ever hear about it? What do you think??

Chris

wrenchbender
16th Jun 2004, 22:14
Weird.... we were just chatting about this a couple of hours ago!

Yeah, we tried it out a few years ago for our CRJ fleet. It's an interesting troubleshooting tool. My employer didn't care for it much though, so it faded away.

Later, I was somewhere in the U.S. (can't remember where now), and talked to a A & P that used it for their RJ's. He rather liked it. It will usually point you in the right direction for a "fix".

İhris
18th Jun 2004, 01:41
How come your employer didn't like it?

How did the Technicians like it?

Was their any common dislikes about it?

Do you think it saved, or could have saved your company money?

Thanks the your input! Greatly appreciated!

wrenchbender
18th Jun 2004, 20:31
The technicians didn't really give it a chance. No-one in Management really encouraged us to use it. The only one pushing it was the Caseband Rep who was there to show us how it worked. To be honest, Management didn't really care how we fixed the snags, as long as the ship was "Servicable" for launch in the morning!

Actually, our guys are pretty sharp, and don't generally throw parts at a snag unless nececessary. They can usually come up with "the fix" using their own knowledge, experience, and the crappy Bombardier TSM. Most experienced AME's are like this, and some have quite the ego to help them along!

I don't think it would have saved us any money. Partly that depends on what Casebank was going to charge us for the service.

Personally, I found Spotlight, and the theory behind it, very interesting. I never heard the real reason for it's disappearance, but if you like I can ask around at work next week and get back to you.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your involvement with this system?

İhris
19th Jun 2004, 00:25
If you could find out anything more, that would be great! Thanks.

I used to work for CaseBank, and I have close ties to someone still working there.

I think the software is quite genius, and I am surprised at the lack of interest in it.

Cheers

Chris