PDA

View Full Version : Event At Castle Donington

F3's 700
15th Jun 2004, 06:37
There are a few things that make me chuckle when away, but as my memories of last Saturday night come back I can't help but smile at the F3 700 banter. Hats off to them as my liver hasn't seen so much champagne for ages!

Reading the other recent threads on PPRUNE it looks as though true airshows are becoming a thing of the past. I think the event was a Rolls Royce bash and I know we always give industry a good kicking on this site, but they can certainly organise a good pi$$ up in the bar afterwards (with the help of the F3 mates of course! :ok: ) and the SAA 747 was very impressive.:ooh:

Anorak City
15th Jun 2004, 10:11
Aaah not the old MIA 700 trick....now I could spin a dit or 2 on that subject!

It was a toss up between Cosford and Wings and Strings for me and the family and Wings and Strings certainly kept my lot happy. The Spitfire and Mustang running in perfectly timed to the 633 Sqn music with a superb sunset was amazing. At the other end of the scale the glider was a pleasure to watch synchronised to the music.

However, I thought that the Enstrom was a bit like watching a bloke on his first solo. As an RN charity event does anyone know why the Junglie Sea King didn't display - it was in the programme? Judging from F3's post, the aircraft was probably on the ramp at East Mids with the Junglies up to flying speed in the bar assisting in the F3 banter!

Anyway - good show. Thanks to the those that oraganised and flew, the family was well impressed with the flying and wife happy with the music - now that is rare!