PDA

View Full Version : EXAMS to CPL Completion - How Long

SimJock
14th Jun 2004, 21:48
I've read that you must complete the CPL within three years of taking the ATPL exams, but is that three years from the first pass of any of the 14 exams or three years from passing all 14 exams ? (Like many people I split the work and passed 7 exams in 2003 and did the rest in March 2004.)

Also.. does "completing" the CPL mean having a dated test certificate in your hand or actually having the licence issued by CAA ?

Also.. You need 150 hours TT to start the modular CPL but the course is only 25 hours and 200 hours are required for modular CPL issue, so once you have taken and passed your CPL test at say 175 hours TT, is there a clock ticking for you to accrue the remaining 25 hours ? ie does the CPL test have a validity period ?

Unfortunately I will be stretching the modular CPL/IR to its very limits timescale wise..

Any help appreciated

IRRenewal
14th Jun 2004, 22:46
SimJock,

I don't have my copy of LASORS handy, but I know it is all in there. I'd say if you are about to launch into an aviation career you could do worse than buying one for 10 quid, or download it here (http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1191) for free.

SimJock
14th Jun 2004, 23:28
OK.. I re-read section D using the much more user friendly "online" LASORS and managed to find that exams are valid for 36 months from the date of ones final pass, and that the CPL skill test is valid for twelve months for the purposes of licence issue, that should be enough time to get the remaining 25 hours then... good !