PDA

View Full Version : CD-RW disks & Music

Sikpupi
14th Jun 2004, 17:06
Hi

Bought a box of CD-RW (700mb) disks to record some music BUT find that I cannot get the new recorded Cd to play. I can see that data has been cut onto the disk but ...no sound.

I am using WIndows Media Player and am wondering if I need to do something to the settings to get it to wrk. I have recorded at 8x and at 2x but to no avail.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Naples Air Center, Inc.
14th Jun 2004, 17:11
Sikpupi,

Are you burning as a music CD or as Data (i.e. just burning the MP3 Format).

I think you are saying you are trying to play the music in WMP, but what program did you use to burn with? Was it WMP also or something else?

Take Care,

Richard

Sikpupi
14th Jun 2004, 17:16
Richard

I am burning MP3 music files. I have a playlist of approx 60MB.

Am using WMP to burn the disk (have XP Pro) and there is a tab for 'Copy to CD Device'. Have usd CD-R in the past and no problem....just seems to be CD-RW's!!!

Thanks

BOAC
14th Jun 2004, 19:18
Sikpupi - a long shot. Are you saying the discs will not play in WMP? If that is ok and it is just that they are not playing in a cd player, it is probably due to the fact that the player is not a 'new' version and is one of those which will play CDRs but not CDRWs.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
16th Jun 2004, 12:46
Sikpupi,

I am not so sure what you are asking. If you are using WMP to convert MP3s into the format that will play on CD Players and it is not working on your player, I would try it in other players. Also use CD-Rs and not CD-RWs since you have a better chance with older players using CD-Rs.

Now if you are keeping them in MP3 Format, then just use Windows Explorer to Drag and Drop, but they will not play in most players in that format.

Take Care,

Richard